Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SEVEN goals in that team, tonight all season....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So I am informed and we are at the end of March....Nothing more to add really, apart from if people think that's just plain unlucky they are deluded. I know we have been unlucky with injurys etc etc, but even so I challenge anyone to make a case to say that's not just plain pathetic.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
To right kev ...Garcia is so over rated....boring football and playing for nil nil,away from home...clueless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To right kev ...Garcia is so over rated....boring football and playing for nil nil,away from home...clueless.
We missed about three sitters, and created about six chances. We should have won. If you want to blame Garcia (as is your right), blame him for signing the wrong loan striker player, letting Barnes go, not bringing in Grabban when we had the chance etc. Because he didn't play for a 0-0 tonight.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not plain pathetic, but absolutely pathetic tactics from the man who picks the team. Seven goals from eleven, maybe eighteen, or in our case seventeen professional players. Something ain't working......

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
We missed about three sitters, and created about six chances. We should have won. If you want to blame Garcia (as is your right), blame him for signing the wrong loan striker player, letting Barnes go, not bringing in Grabban when we had the chance etc. Because he didn't play for a 0-0 tonight.
Same old Same old...we should of not won as they scored and we did not. Good teams make their own luck.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
10 goals. 12 if you include cup goals.

Buckley v Bolton
Andrews v Sheff Wed
JFC v Doncaster
JFC v Blackburn
Upson v Barnsley
Upson v Middlesbrough
Ward v Bournemouth
Ward v QPR
Buckley v Bolton
Buckley v Bolton

(plus Ince and March v Port Vale - they would make it seven players who have scored for us this season)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Players or tactics?

Players that can't play the tactics. We tap it around like some kind of game of chess, but don't have the quality to play the killer pass. So it's just boring. We have pace in wide areas and a solid defence, so why we don't play with two out and out wingers and use the flanks I will never know. I have never seen a side get so many throw in's 15yards in the oppositions half and the ball end up back with our keeper, or the centre halfs passing it across the back line....It really is painful,,,no other side does that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Isn't that down to David Burke rather than Oscar?

You can tell when the fans are turning against the manager as it used to be Oscar but is now Garcia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Same old Same old...we should of not won as they scored and we did not. Good teams make their own luck.
I don't disagree, but we are not as negative as you first said. We are just going through a shite spell, like QPR did last month. What a shithouse time to lose two on the bounce.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Buckley v Bolton
Andrews v Sheff Wed
JFC v Doncaster
JFC v Blackburn
Upson v Barnsley
Upson v Middlesbrough
Ward v Bournemouth
Ward v QPR
Buckley v Bolton
Buckley v Bolton

(plus Ince and March v Port Vale)

Are you saying that is good ??? I hope not it just shows are weakness which will need to be addressed

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Buckley v Bolton
Andrews v Sheff Wed
JFC v Doncaster
JFC v Blackburn
Upson v Barnsley
Upson v Middlesbrough
Ward v Bournemouth
Ward v QPR
Buckley v Bolton
Buckley v Bolton

(plus Ince and March v Port Vale - they would make it seven players who have scored for us this season)

Sorry, out by three. Ten goals in the team at the end of March. That is so much more comforting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Isn't that down to David Burke rather than Oscar?

You can tell when the fans are turning against the manager as it used to be Oscar but is now Garcia.
Who knows? I'd have though we have a wage structure and an overall budget and the manager has to make the decision on who to pay what. And the fans aren't really turning on OG are they? We're going through a sh!t spell and we've just lost in the last minute - emotions are raw. Fact is, we're still in it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who knows? I'd have though we have a wage structure and an overall budget and the manager has to make the decision on who to pay what. And the fans aren't really turning on OG are they? We're going through a sh!t spell and we've just lost in the last minute - emotions are raw. Fact is, we're still in it.

I agree we've still got a chance and I said we wouldn't win tonight. I did hope we'd get a draw but them's the breaks.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Kasper Schmeichel has managed more goals than the majority of our current squad this season. That says it all

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
What about playing a creative midfield player in the centre. Someone who can sweep the ball around the park, is excellent at dead ball situations and guarantees you a goal from a penalty. Who in the line up tonight would have taken a penalty and scored? Bring back Dave and play him in the correct position!!! It doesn't matter who you play up front if they never receive the ball in the right position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here