Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of striker.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ulloa out sick.... OK fine......shit happens

Barnes..... Marmite.......but never gonna be a 15 goal man......and has been sold

MacKail Smith.......still out injured

Hoskins.........still out injured

Rodriguez....not being played as a striker

Lingaard......too much for a youngster?

Has somebody missed something? Oscar, Nathan, David Burke.......even Barber and our Tone?

Fans have been calling for another quality striker to complement Ulloa, the club seem to have fudged the issue, either no ambition, or lack of targets, or an unwillingness for a financial gamble.

Whatever it is, our lack of ability to score has left our season finished with 8 games left to play.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Barnes sale with no replacement was a shocker and is haunting us . Most teams have 4 strikers . Frustrating for sure .

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
You would have thought Hoskins could make the bench based on dev squad performances and fact we only had 6 on bench

Dec 29, 2011
No ambition? I think 2.5M for Ulloa, 1M for buckley, 750k for Hoskins and 2.5M for CMS, as well as a loan signing from Manchester United is fairly ambitious. Perhaps Garcia wants a season with the team to assess what kind of striker he wants, and will buy in the summer.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No ambition? I think 2.5M for Ulloa, 1M for buckley, 750k for Hoskins and 2.5M for CMS, as well as a loan signing from Manchester United is fairly ambitious. Perhaps Garcia wants a season with the team to assess what kind of striker he wants, and will buy in the summer.

If so, he has taken a massive gamble. The BIGGEST crowds in the Championship, the highest match day spend by supporters in and around the stadium, leads to expectations. I think fans have waited until now to begin to criticise, next season will not be so pretty. We could see ourselves doing the 'sacking in November' scenario, not good, but neither can we sustain falling crowds.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If so, he has taken a massive gamble. The BIGGEST crowds in the Championship, the highest match day spend by supporters in and around the stadium, leads to expectations. I think fans have waited until now to begin to criticise, next season will not be so pretty. We could see ourselves doing the 'sacking in November' scenario, not good, but neither can we sustain falling crowds.

The chairman added to the expectation by saying preseason that he expected the team to finish in the Top 6 and there was an enhanced player budget, where has this enhanced budget gone because it hasn't gone on better players ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I blame FFP. We can't afford more strikers. Next year we'll be fine as our options come back.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The chairman added to the expectation by saying preseason that he expected the team to finish in the Top 6 and there was an enhanced player budget, where has this enhanced budget gone because it hasn't gone on better players ?

Absolutely - it has gone on worse players, specifically loan strikers who have added nothing to the squad (or have not been given the chance to add anything in Lita's case) and a player in Stephens who added mediocrity to a department of the squad where we have quality. In contrast, look at Bournemouth, who gave a striker a new contract and signed another proven goalscorer in Yann Kermorgant. Not Forest, or Leicester - Bournemouth.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I think the main problem is that we can't afford another striker. We sold Barnes, but we'd hoped that Mackail-Smith and Hoskins would be back by Februrary. Ulloa hasn't been great this season, but he's scored goals, and in fairness, that's all you can ask from him. But he definitely hasn't been as good at linking up play as he did last season for one reason or another. Add that to the fact we've signed Lita and Obika on loan 2 absolutely useless players who wouldn't have been let go by their parent clubs if they were any good.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Absolutely - it has gone on worse players, specifically loan strikers who have added nothing to the squad (or have not been given the chance to add anything in Lita's case) and a player in Stephens who added mediocrity to a department of the squad where we have quality. In contrast, look at Bournemouth, who gave a striker a new contract and signed another proven goalscorer in Yann Kermorgant. Not Forest, or Leicester - Bournemouth.

Agustien, another midfielder on a good whack who has contributed ZERO this season

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agustien, another midfielder on a good whack who has contributed ZERO this season

Blimey, I'd forgotten all about him. Never really given a chance, especially after Crofts' injury. Looks a better bet to make things happen than Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here