Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton the least clinical side in the championship?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same for 3 seasons now. Not Oscars fault for all of that time! But yes, we are a dull side to watch if you like goals at either end!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do we actually do any shooting practice in training? It doesn't appear so.

Reminds me of a pre match warm up last season. Player after player came up to shoot and it was just embarrassing, no one forced a save or could hit the target as the players rotated and ran up after a 1,2 pass back into their path. No kidding, of 16 attempts only 3 goals from 1 on 1 shooting practice. The problem runs deep...

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Seven goals in that starting line up this season and we are at the end of March.

This stat is worrying! Garcia needs to realise he is not dealing with players who can play his beloved `Barca ` style of play! We dont have Messi,Iniesta,Xavi, etc.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We are just a dull side to watch these days. Hope we score one and than hold out for a 1 - 0. If they score then forget it. Have a lot of the ball until he final third and then we are clueless!

It pains me to agree with this, I've said so many times this season that it has reminded me of watching a Mark McGhee team. We really are dull to watch, and I think we are now starting to pay the price for our negative approach to games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same for 3 seasons now. Not Oscars fault for all of that time! But yes, we are a dull side to watch if you like goals at either end!

My view exactly and was under Gus (the 2 Championship seasons version).
Other than the odd purple patch (some of the games at the end of last season for example), we are awful at creating and scoring, and have been for 3 seasons. I remember the Sky team analysed it in a live TV game against Watford xmas 2012.

The entire football operations side of the club needs to be reviewed - transfer strategy, current playing personnel, coaching, tactics, and playing ethos ... as soon as possible. Is a far greater and longstanding an issue, than jumping on the spiteful and unfair bandwagon of slagging off OG and NJ. There are plenty of examples out there such as Burnley, who create a mass of chances and tuck enough of them away, to show it can be done without money necessarily being the answer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let's not forget that we have had really boringly barren spells under Poyet for a lot of the past 2 seasons. Brighton have been shot shy for a long time now, it's just this season these periods appear more frequent. But no hiding we are desperately dull to watch, tight at both ends. Thank heavens for season ticket culture. If match by match like old days, gates would be plummeting like they did under Bailey. It's a results business but it's also supposed to be about entertainment. Unfortunately we're getting one without the other on a far too infrequent basis for my liking now. Please, someone do something! Don't know what solution is but then I'm not a football manager or player. Ow well, disappointing night.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
We are just a dull side to watch these days. Hope we score one and than hold out for a 1 - 0. If they score then forget it. Have a lot of the ball until he final third and then we are clueless!
Because we wait for the other team to fill there penalty areas with 10 players before we try to walk the ball in the net! We havnt a top quality player who can create an opening in games like this. There are none really capable in the Championship, you need real quality to play this way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here