Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes wages ????

barny6969

Mar 4, 2008
In a pub in Plymouth last night , one of the chaps in there , was Ashley's farther in law
Told me he is enjoying his £16,000 a week at burnley ""

He said he was on £8,000 a week at Albion

Not a bad move was it ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd be surprised if his father in law was spouting his wages in a pub really, and were we really signing youngsters in league one from Plymouth on £8k a week? But if he has doubled his money would not surprise me, as I did hear we only offered a small increase in his new proposed contract.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think those numbers might be a little* innacurate.

*quite a lot

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Of course we weren't. Those are the wages he was on when he left here, not what his first contract was worth.

Did he sign a new one when he was here then? Or were we offering huge promotion increases?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In a pub in Plymouth last night , one of the chaps in there , was Ashley's farther in law

Not a bad move was it ?

Very good move for Ashley, though I'm pretty sure it's a move he'd much rather have not had to make, what with a young family settled in Brighton and all that. It was however a very bad move for the Albion letting him go that easily. Where's Ulloa's strike partner for the rest of the season coming from? Sake! :rolleyes:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
:shootself

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not a bad move was it ?

Even if this person lied to you, it is probably near the truth. Murray moved to Palace and was initially on around £12k and wasn't even a Championship experienced player.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Burnley's entire staff costs last season were £15.3 million. With this in mind, is it really likely they would pay a reserve striker a salary of £832,000?

Remember they are all but promoted to the land of riches. They have a small squad with no big names, and Austin's money had to go somewhere.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Not a bad move was it ?

You can buy a nice house near Burnley on £16k a week......or possibly a country estate!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not a bad move was it ?
Well that's a turn up.

I thought AB, turned down the Albion's guaranteed contract then uprooted his young family back a century, for half the money that was on offer, here.

Burnley's entire staff costs last season were £15.3 million. With this in mind, is it really likely they would pay a reserve striker a salary of £832,000?

Good point Tadge but more likely to be edging a million when employer's NI (@13.8%) and pension contributions are included.
157 employees including only 14 P/T so they may well fully contract out their stewarding and catering operations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by an agent that he was on £1500 we offered £4500 and a 2 year deal Burnley offered £5000 and a 3 year deal so somebody is wrong, not sure who. Do you honestly expect his father in law to give out exact figures in a pub? Do people tell they exact weight of the fish they have caught?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was told by an agent that he was on £1500 we offered £4500 and a 2 year deal Burnley offered £5000 and a 3 year deal so somebody is wrong, not sure who. Do you honestly expect his father in law to give out exact figures in a pub? Do people tell they exact weight of the fish they have caught?

Some gullible souls. Just a quick flick through the OPs posting history, is enough for me to form my own conclusions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here