Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Macca Patient About Return

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The striker played a pre-planned 75 minutes in the under-21s' loss to Queens Park Rangers at the American Express Community Stadium and is now looking to return for Oscar Garcia's side when the time is right.

“I don’t want to get carried away – obviously I want to come back and score loads of goals and be involved but it’s a slow process,” he told seagulls.co.uk.“It was my first game back here in over a year and it was really good to be back and the pitch is as big as I remember it being, but to get 75 minutes in was a big step forwards.
“It was planned beforehand and naturally I wanted to play the full game but there’s a schedule they want me to keep.
“I’m feeling good, a little bit tight but that’s to be expected.
“I feel there’s still a lot to come from me and that will come over the next few weeks as I start feeling better and better.”
However the Scottish international added that he is ready should Oscar Garcia decide to call on him.
“I don’t think I’m too far away but it’s all down to the gaffer.
“I feel ready but it’s just a case of carrying on doing what I have to do and if the manager comes calling, I’d be delighted.
“I’m expecting to be involved in the under-21 game against Charlton next week because regaining fitness is a slow process, but I’m looking forward to it and taking that next step towards playing in the first team.
“That’s the next step for me – getting into the first team, playing some minutes and building from there.
“Obviously I’m not going to get back into the first team and play straight away, but I’m doing the best I can to be involved in our promotion push.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here