Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica shirts - names and numbers

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was just wondering... those of you who have replica shirts, do you have a name and number on the back? If so:

1. If it's your own name, is it your real name or a nickname, and why did you choose a particular number?
2. If it's a player's name and number, whose is it?
3. Have you left it blank?
4. If it was a present, are you happy with the name/number/blank someone else chose for you?

Sorry, I'm just curious - this isn't for a project or some other thing.

I have "Aitch" and "00" (it's a Raiders thing, you wouldn't understand). :cheery:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Only time I ever got one was to get Navarro across the back. The man himself said it was the first time he'd ever seen it done when I asked him to sign it.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Mine is left blank. My thought is if that player leaves the club, you then feel a bit of a prat wearing it. Imagine having Murray on the back of yours...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Only time I ever got one was to get Navarro across the back. The man himself said it was the first time he'd ever seen it done when I asked him to sign it.

Really? I heard that you tried to get him across the back but didn't succeed and he said it would take a lot more more than you wearing a Brighton shirt with his name on it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
22 Obika

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Really? I heard that you tried to get him across the back but didn't succeed and he said it would take a lot more more than you wearing a Brighton shirt with his name on it.

Nah, he doesn't like to talk about it, but it happened.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seems odd having Raiders stuff on Albion shirts, I wouldn't have Esiason 7 on the back of mine just as I wouldn't get a Bengals jersey with Spanish Dave written on the back.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Blank always blank. ???

For great comedy value, on many different levels, I was very impressed at the weekend to see a lad wearing a shirt with "Spanish Rodney" No 9 on the back

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I used to have my surname on the back with the number 25 on when I was younger. Mainly because of Bobby Zamora was my idol when I was a kid.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I got number 8 put on the back of my son's shirt. The ones with blank squares look better with a number on and that seemed like a good choice to me given my late 70s introduction to the Albion.

Nice moment when we got Alan Navarro to sign it at Gully's Christmas party... :)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It seems that having your NSC name on the back of your shirt has gone the same way as the GOSBTS ringtone, although I be there are a few hanging onto both still.

Anyone over the age of 13 with a players name on the back of a replica shirt needs to get a life.

sounds a bit harsh but I'm struggling to disagree. 'The Boy' has his name and age on his and I've kept them all, he's just had his birthday so we'll hold on for 'JACK 5' till the new one's out. Despite my mature years I do own shirts usually last seasons out of the bargain bin to wear when cycing or laying on a beach (Magaluf, not Santorini, didn't wear it there).

If I had to have a name and number it'd be 'COB 20' (Tubby Monday's'll geddit)

I do own a Peacehaven shirt just for decoration, it's got a number 9 on the back and the name of our North Korean centre forward, Square-One- Finance-.Com

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I have them blank except the one I got on my 18th birthday as a present which has WILLIAMS 93 on the back. That one doesn't get worn to games though.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Havent bought one in a while but the centenary shirt has Cullip 4 on the back and the IT 1st shirt has Legend 25 on it. Think i'll leave any future ones blank.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
My favourite I have seen was at The Den last month. One woman had 'Lita' on the back of her's? Why the hell would you want that?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Calderon 14, thought it may be his last season playing for us so want to try and get it signed by him at some point this year to then be able to frame it.

On this, what is the best time and where would you have to wait before a game to see the players arriving/sign stuff?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here