Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Forest owner!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
"The last eight games hurt. We spent lots of money this season and we expected to be top of the league. I was really disappointed."

Unfookinbelievable! FFP my arse and thank god we have TB. What is it with these poxy foreign owners?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apparently the guy is a lifelong Forest fan.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
These foreign owners may be talented business men, but some of them know f all about football. Venky's didn't even realise that relegation from the premier league was possible when they bought Blackburn.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did they not say that the 'sponsors' will pick up most of the bills so they stay with in FFP
The FL have to stop that, otherwise there basically is no FFP. Or you could just have a sponsor (yourself) sponsor a sticker on on office window for however much you've overspent by. It doesn't even need to be your main sponsor.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently the guy is a lifelong Forest fan.

Not surprised- I imagine Nottingham is a regular conversation topper in the bars of Kuwait City.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pedant alert! No bars in Kuwait, it's a dry state. Maybe they talk about Forest all day at the expat hotel bars and underground drinking dens.

Coffee bars...

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Not sure what is wrong with that statement. FFP doesn't kick in until next season, so they had every right to spend a load of money this season in the hope of making the EPL and avoiding any sanctions. Hilariously, that poisoned dwarf Davies looks like he has cocked it right up for them

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure what is wrong with that statement. FFP doesn't kick in until next season, so they had every right to spend a load of money this season in the hope of making the EPL and avoiding any sanctions. Hilariously, that poisoned dwarf Davies looks like he has cocked it right up for them

I think you need to read up on FFP again.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
"The last eight games hurt. We spent lots of money this season and we expected to be top of the league. I was really disappointed."

That did make me chuckle. That turned into a belly laugh when Warnock turned them down.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The FL have to stop that, otherwise there basically is no FFP. Or you could just have a sponsor (yourself) sponsor a sticker on on office window for however much you've overspent by. It doesn't even need to be your main sponsor.

They do indeed.
I imagine it would be very difficult to stop though, and I can see this "sponsorship" becoming widespread.

It's the reason I believe FFP will die before it even kicks in properly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Coffee bars...

Pah, show me a Kuwaiti businessman who doesn't frequet Hotal bars and illegal drinking clubs, then again, most of the successful Kuwaiti businessmen wouldn't live in Kuwait anyway.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
These foreign owners may be talented business men, but some of them know f all about football. Venky's didn't even realise that relegation from the premier league was possible when they bought Blackburn.

I find it very scary how someone can spend X tens of millions on a new business and not know all details of the industry it is in. Makes you wonder how successfultheir other ventures are.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The bit that really rankles with me is "We have spent lots of money and we expect to be top of the league".

I just want to say "It's not as simple as that, sunshine!"

PS - They deserve not to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here