Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest raiding Leeds

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
With Warnock on his way to Forest and Leeds apparently penniless now their saviour has been rejected by the FA I see that Peltier has signed on loan until the end of the season. Will McCormack be next to go in the firesale?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Paddy Kenny surely. Its in Warnock's contract terms.

#JuniorLewis

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With Warnock on his way to Forest and Leeds apparently penniless now their saviour has been rejected by the FA I see that Peltier has signed on loan until the end of the season. Will McCormack be next to go in the firesale?

I suspect it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll go into administration again.

Still. At least all this means Paddy Kenny knows where he'll be playing next season.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've always disliked the phrase "going into administration". It's meant as a very demeaning term but administration is a much harder job than people imagine. I'd like to see the Alan Sugars of this world try their hand at balancing the competing diaries of top executives. It's a real skill.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I suspect it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll go into administration again.

That would put them on 37 points. Five points above relegation. I suppose the dream scenario of palace, Pompey and Leeds going down is too much to hope for?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
McCormack on a totally justifiable emergency loan signing. Forest NEED a 9th striker.

Dec 29, 2011
Can someone explain administration to me? It seems to be bandied about a lot, "yeh we have debts lets just go into administration". But what does it really mean? Do all their debts get wiped and they can go again with a small points deduction? Doesn't seem like a big enough punishment to me, especially if it's happened multiple times (to the same club) in the recent past.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That would put them on 37 points. Five points above relegation. I suppose the dream scenario of palace, Pompey and Leeds going down is too much to hope for?

It could still happen , you missed out brighton staying down btw .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone explain administration to me? It seems to be bandied about a lot, "yeh we have debts lets just go into administration". But what does it really mean? Do all their debts get wiped and they can go again with a small points deduction? Doesn't seem like a big enough punishment to me, especially if it's happened multiple times (to the same club) in the recent past.

As best as I understand it...

When a club cannot pay its debts it will enter administration (sometimes as a result of a winding up order, where someone/company that is owed money by the club take them to court to get the business shut down as it is not paying its debts, sometimes voluntarily).

When they enter administration an administrator is put in charge of everything except team management. He can be appointed by the club's owners, the people who are owed money by the club, or by the court. It is his job to settle the debts as best he can. This can involve selling players, or getting them to agree new deals at a lower level, selling other assets, negotiating repayment plans, selling the club or portions of it if possible.

Sometimes the person buying the club will agree to pay all debts (as I believe happened with Southampton). But often you find there are prospective buyers waiting in the wings for the administrator to negotiate deals with the people owed money, settling those debts at a reduced rate, then they buy the club after those debts have been "settled".

I think that sometimes the buying consortium will end up being the current owner through another company, or other business chicanery. I believe one method is for the club to enter administration voluntarily, giving them the opportunity to appoint an administrator who will then view them as the ideal buyers, after the debts are settled (at Xp in the pound).

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Warnock may not go to Forest after all, see SSN

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Cellino has pumped £7M into the club as a loan but now wants his money back and this month's wages are due at the end of the week (another £2M) who is going to settle all this up ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the important thing to point out is that when you enter administration, the existing owners of the club are relinquishing control and therefore losing control of their investment. Plus of course, in football, enter admin and lose 10pts.

As best as I understand it...

When a club cannot pay its debts it will enter administration (sometimes as a result of a winding up order, where someone/company that is owed money by the club take them to court to get the business shut down as it is not paying its debts, sometimes voluntarily).

When they enter administration an administrator is put in charge of everything except team management. He can be appointed by the club's owners, the people who are owed money by the club, or by the court. It is his job to settle the debts as best he can. This can involve selling players, or getting them to agree new deals at a lower level, selling other assets, negotiating repayment plans, selling the club or portions of it if possible.

Sometimes the person buying the club will agree to pay all debts (as I believe happened with Southampton). But often you find there are prospective buyers waiting in the wings for the administrator to negotiate deals with the people owed money, settling those debts at a reduced rate, then they buy the club after those debts have been "settled".

I think that sometimes the buying consortium will end up being the current owner through another company, or other business chicanery. I believe one method is for the club to enter administration voluntarily, giving them the opportunity to appoint an administrator who will then view them as the ideal buyers, after the debts are settled (at Xp in the pound).

el punal

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that dear old Pompey could be playing Eastleigh and Gosport Borough in the near future - now that is something to look forward to.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
From what I understand a club have to go into administration by 27th March otherwise the points are carried over to next season if they go into administration after this date.

This I believe is to stop clubs being safe from relegation by taking the 10 point deduction knowing they cannot be relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here