Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I went in the ESU on saturday

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Normally in the WSU G3 but had some friends coming so changed to ESU. Fantastic veiw - but very quiet - probably made worse by the fact the whole stadium was quiet. I was close to Ipswich fans who were pretty noisy especially after the second goal. what did surprize me is how much noise and flags the South West corner generate. I never hear/see that when in WSU - so a :clap2: for the south west corner.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I, too. had a seat in the ESU for the first time. Not a lot of noise, except for the bloke next to me :- "Shoot for gods sake" every time we crossed the half way line. "Get some attacking midfielders on, Oscar, for gods sake". "Why'd'you bring him on, Oscar ? He's dogsh*t"

Bloke he was with said "If you don't like it, why do you come ?"

Fortunately he responded to the early fire drill.

The view was excellent though the match wasn't all that good, AND I was encouraged to use the lift, whereas in the 2 years I was a sth in the WSU I was never allowed to do so.

Definitely try to sit up there again, hopefully for a win. ( Note for the weak bladdered - the loo q was shorter than in WSU.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Normally in the WSU G3 but had some friends coming so changed to ESU. Fantastic veiw - but very quiet - probably made worse by the fact the whole stadium was quiet. I was close to Ipswich fans who were pretty noisy especially after the second goal. what did surprize me is how much noise and flags the South West corner generate. I never hear/see that when in WSU - so a :clap2: for the south west corner.

Funny that ...I am normally central ESU and sat SW corner on Saturday.....it was so quiet.....you sure you didn't hear the children singing in the south

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Moving to ESU for next season, after trying it out for the Reading FACup game and being absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the view. Plus it was equivalent in noise to my seat in WSU (though we did play well that day, and it wasn't all regulars, and one match isn't much of a sample).

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Moving to ESU for next season, after trying it out for the Reading FACup game and being absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the view. Plus it was equivalent in noise to my seat in WSU (though we did play well that day, and it wasn't all regulars, and one match isn't much of a sample).

Out of interest what block are you in WSU? I am in block G and its pretty good for atmosphere.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest what block are you in WSU? I am in block G and its pretty good for atmosphere.

I'm in F, and not complaining about the atmos in WSU at all - in fact I think it's generally very good. Just was surprised when I went to ESU as was expecting a library and it was anything but.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I am very near the C entrance on the aisle in the Upper East and we have a really good group around us right now, great singing and brilliant banter. Laughing and singing the whole time, well not so much last Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here