Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
To fail the fit and proper person test takes some doing,

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Usually have to be involved in some sort of genocide for the FL or Prem to even consider failing someone to be fit and proper.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hang on, it's actually possible to fail the test? Has he not commited the requisite amount of criminal acts to pass yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They are right in the brown stuff now.

I assume this guy will now stop pouring money into the club
He'll probably just sell the club to his imaginary brother, then it'll all be fine. Unfortunately, according to the rules of the test, not existing does not constitute a failure.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I wonder if it has just reached the point where the Football League have to start failing people to retain any credibility. Turning down a convicted felon should be a no-brainer, let's hope they start to exercise far more scrutiny from now on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably, but the big question is will he demand to have the money he has put in - back ? If so, then its certain administration for them.
So the FL will have caused a club to go into administration (at least, that's what Leeds will argue). That makes me think that new owners (and their associates) shouldn't be able to make secured loans to a club until they've passed the test, otherwise a club will be in danger of going into administration each time an owner fails the test.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Typical stuff on the LUFCTalk website. One poster said that they are too big a club to stay out of the premier league for long.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So the FL will have caused a club to go into administration (at least, that's what Leeds will argue). That makes me think that new owners (and their associates) shouldn't be able to make secured loans to a club until they've passed the test, otherwise a club will be in danger of going into administration each time an owner fails the test.

Not necessarily, they are just following their rules blocking the takeover as he is a convicted criminal. And the league could block that, but the same money could just be put in as sponsorship deals. Pretty sure there are other interested parties for Leeds, but will they want to save a club which is losing loads ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It’s a good sign for FFP that the Football League wants to protect clubs, and is stamping down on potential dodgy money laundering owners by voting "unanimously" to disqualify the Cagliari bid.

If there is any time to stand firm on financial discrepancy the time is now, and I feel condident that they will see FFP through in the same vain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here