Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Donoghue: First Half Display Costly

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We never got started in the first half and didn’t show an enthusiasm for the game.

“In the second half we improved considerably and drove forward with some energy, working really hard to get the ball back - I'm pleased with that.“I had to get some of my energy into them and tell them a few home truths at half-time. They realised that and we got a reaction, but still ended up losing the game.”
The head coach also believed that some key decisions did not go his side’s way on the day, with Rosie Kmita being denied a goal against her former club due to an offside decision, along with claims for a penalty in the first half.
“There were a few turning points; we should have had a penalty and I don’t know how a free-kick was given instead.
“It would have been nice if Rosie’s goal had counted, but I’m not sure whether it was onside or offside. She played well today, I liked that performance.
“The important thing now is to get back to how we used to play. We’ve lost confidence in our play and being brave with the ball.* That comes with being on a bad run, but in football you have to work hard and do your job properly.
“Next week we should have a bigger squad to choose from and bring back some players who were unavailable today.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here