Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
First post back from the weekend after licking my Albion inflicted wounds. But looking at the table, we're far from done - just three points behind 6th with a game in hand. It's looking like Forest, Albion, Reading and possibly Ipswich vying for the last play-off place, although Wigan remain catchable if their wheels fall off.

As for Sheffield Wednesday, they lost at Doncaster but are otherwise in decent form.

I'd definitely take a point. As far as I'm concerned, it's all about staying within one "result" of a play-off place. With our inferior GD, a defeat essentially means we'd be two games back from Reading which is going to be a tall order with only nine to play after Tuesday. I'd definitely take a draw right now if offered it.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Please add a " We will beat them because although they are on a run of form,so were Bolton and look what happened there" option. It's what we do. Optimism and all that.Go on, please. I'll tick that choice then look forward to ridicule on Wednesday morning if I'm the only one. Thanks.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Must win for me

Reading next 3 are Barnsley (H) Hudds (H) Charlton (A) and I can see them getting 9 points

Our next 4, so using our game in hand, is Wednesday, Boro (H), Blackburn (A) and Leicester (A) I can see 3 points from Boro (gulp) but nothing from the last 2 ... so even a win at Wednesday might have us a further 3 back. Of course we could turn it around at both Blackburn and Leicester but I can't see how 1 point tomorrow is going to advance our cause

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I'd take it. Every point is vital at this stage of the season. Not an easy game tomorrow night, but a good test of our resolve to see if we can bounce back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Point would be a good result; despite their league position, I think that this is one of our hardest remaining games.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
We're not good enough for the top six. I have never demanded we finish in the play-offs and at no point have I been confident we would. Every time it starts to look like we're moving into a good position or have an opportunity, we mess it up with a terrible performance and a bad result. We've been doing it all season, it's far too often to be coincidence now, and these constant reminders of our weaknesses are why we don't deserve to make it. There are far too many flaws in our squad/team/set-up to be corrected at such a late stage to make us contenders. I just hope we keep the season going as long as possible because dead rubbers really are terrible to watch, and finish in a respectable top 8 position.

So onto Sheffield Wednesday, yes I would take a point because they're in good form and it'll be extremely tough to win. Hopefully we'll get a draw there and beat Middlesbrough on Saturday just to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow and draw on Saturday.

Can we ban this man please? He's talking way too much sense!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No way would I take a point when three are on offer - it's like these NFL coaches who opt to kick on 4th down when there's 2 minutes left in a game and they're 9 points behind.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
We're not good enough for the top six. I have never demanded we finish in the play-offs and at no point have I been confident we would. Every time it starts to look like we're moving into a good position or have an opportunity, we mess it up with a terrible performance and a bad result. We've been doing it all season, it's far too often to be coincidence now, and these constant reminders of our weaknesses are why we don't deserve to make it. There are far too many flaws in our squad/team/set-up to be corrected at such a late stage to make us contenders. I just hope we keep the season going as long as possible because dead rubbers really are terrible to watch, and finish in a respectable top 8 position.

So onto Sheffield Wednesday, yes I would take a point because they're in good form and it'll be extremely tough to win. Hopefully we'll get a draw there and beat Middlesbrough on Saturday just to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow and draw on Saturday.

Absolutely spot on. I would be interested to know just how many weeks we have spent in a playoff position this season. I didn't expect us to make them at the start of the season and I still don't now. I don't think anyone's to blame specifically, just lack in certain areas (specifically goalscoring) and some bad injuries at key times of season. A top 10 finish is respectable. Give Oscar the summer and make a real push next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m

Dale Stephens is ill and out of the squad for tomorrow night #bhafc

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
with our shocking record at hillsborough we will do well to come away with anything sorry just telling the truth as we have never won there

Our play off chances will end tomorrow night as Wednesday will win. Not really keen on this rotation policy either as you never get a settled side.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m

Dale Stephens is ill and out of the squad for tomorrow night #bhafc

He also mentioned Hoskins isn't playing with the DS tonight as he has a tight hamstring. Is that why he wasn't on the bench Saturday? Does it mean he won't be tomorrow?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here