Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first Ipswich goal. Have I missed the 'hang the keeper' thread?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not been on here since the match, so apologies if this has been done to death already, but I presume that, as the goal was near IDENTICAL to the one Brezovan conceded at Hull, that TK has been sentenced to eternal damnation in the same way??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It wasn't Ankergren or Brezovan, so it doesn't count, you know the rules on NSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Put him in the queue being Ulloa.

If Ashley Barnes had failed to hit the target with all those headers...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Watching it live I assumed he'd been blocked off, but the replays show a pretty light, half-arsed attempt to punch the ball.

None of the defence challenging at any point didn't help him though, but he was pretty poor for that goal.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There have been remarkable few threads lambasting the individual members of the team. You have to go at least three quarters of the way down the page before you can find one, at this time.
There are a few calling the football boring, and the Head Coach. A few reserved for the early leavers. JFK was lambasted briefly by a few, others were Marmite. Tired, boring, not trying for the playoffs to preserve their place at the Albion etc.
My initial reaction this morning was that the storm had appeared to have passed, and a breath had been taken to prepare for tomorrow night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Put him in the queue being Ulloa.

If Ashley Barnes had failed to hit the target with all those headers...
You can't seriously be blaming our players can you? I thought we'd already been told that the result was due to McCarthy out thinking Oscar?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not been on here since the match, so apologies if this has been done to death already, but I presume that, as the goal was near IDENTICAL to the one Brezovan conceded at Hull, that TK has been sentenced to eternal damnation in the same way??

Not really, he went for it but didn't seem to give it his all. Brez didn't even bother.
Both mistakes, but Brez far worse.

It wasn't our day. Where was Bruno when Williams was one on one with our right winger? Why can't we shoot on target? Why didn't ulloa bury at least one header (on a different day). Why wasn't Hoskins on the bench? why why why why. Not our day.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If he wasn't a keeper he wouldn't be allowed any where near a football.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
TK was at fault for the first goal, woefully and uncharacteristically out of position. It was a bad error but he's got enough credit to get away without being slated on here, just as the other scapegoats on here do.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Too busy blaming Garcia for being boring at press conferences...Lingard for being 'lightweight'...Andrews for being Andrews..the crowd leaving early...umm..i could go on

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
why why why why. Not our day.

My fault. I've been drinking rather a bit too much on football Saturdays recently, so completely changed my usual match day routine to cut down the pints count. Sorry.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I must say, I'm a big fan of Kuszczak but that was a very flaky wrist that he wafted at the ball for the opening goal. As someone said the other day, other than Gonzalez when was the last time a Championship team turned up here with a poor keeper? As I said already, I'm a bit fan of Tom but no doubt he's on big wages, wages that could possibly spent better elsewhere and maybe we look to acquire a keeper like Gerken from league 1?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak has got some pretty low marks in the ratings thread. Ulloa not so much.

I've pretty much given up with the "if that was Barnes/brezovan/Casper/Lopez..." arguments. People who are that way inclined refuse to admit they are being unfair on a particular player. You see, it's a matter of how often they make the mistake, not the mistake itself. Or there's some nuance that makes this mistake not as bad. Or there's all the good stuff that kuszczak/ulloa/Buckley/etc do to compensate. Barnes, Brezovan, Casper, Lopez have never done anything good to balance out the bad...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He was at fault for the first goal. There have been a few posts saying so. Can't be arsed to search for a thread, mainly because i struggle to spell his name.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really, he went for it but didn't seem to give it his all. Brez didn't even bother.
Both mistakes, but Brez far worse.

How on earth can you come to that conclusion? Utterly bizarre.

In both cases the keeper mis-judged the initial corner, came halfway , then retreated. In both cases there was a tame header back to the near post. In both cases the keeper could quite comfortably have got there and palmed the ball behind or away. Its at this point they differ slightly - TK weakly punched at thin air a foot away from the ball, whereas in PB's case the ball was dropping onto the head of JFC, so he presumably left it for him to head away, rather than taking him out.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Because all keepers and strikers are the same.

I think we can safely say that Kuzsczak has earned the right to a "mistake". Same as Ulloa.

These are top players for the Club. I think we can also safely say there is an element of doubt about Brezovan and, before he chose to jump ship - Ashley Barnes being placed in the same bracket.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

In both cases the keeper mis-judged the initial corner, came halfway , then retreated. In both cases there was a tame header back to the near post. In both cases the keeper could quite comfortably have got there and palmed the ball behind or away. Its at this point they differ slightly - TK weakly punched at thin air a foot away from the ball, whereas in PB's case the ball was dropping onto the head of JFC, so he presumably left it for him to head away, rather than taking him out.

100% correct.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

It's not utterly bizarre at all. Just saying what I saw from WSL, I've not seen it since. He should have done better and was at fault. For me, Brez was the bizarre goal with far too much time to catch it, TK at least had to get over players to clear - which he failed to do. To say it's identical is plainly wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here