Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you read The Argus?

Do you read The Argus - paper or online?

• Yes, I wouldn't miss its excellent topical journalism for the world

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Yes, but only ironically for the buzzfeeds and unedited trolling rants

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Yes but only for football

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Not normally

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Never

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I look at the online Albion news and that's it. I never buy the rag.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This.

Maybe that should have been an option.

I said "read" not "buy" so I think you two qualify as Yes but only for football. Of course I'm tied in to this defensive reply because I can't edit the poll and provide the option :rant:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Look at Albion stuff online when I'm at work as this site is blocked. That's it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I said "read" not "buy" so I think you two qualify as Yes but only for football. Of course I'm tied in to this defensive reply because I can't edit the poll and provide the option :rant:

Thats ok then as thats what I voted for :wave:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I read the paper when there is Albion related stuff I want to read. I think Naylor and Owen do a fine job. As for the rest of the editorial, utter tripe.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Can't buy the paper. The web site has to be one of the most infuriating and slow moving sites around - or is it just my ageing laptop ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Only the day after we win.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Does anyone follow their twitter feed? I kid you not, the other day one of the stories was "Foal dies outside Burgess Hill."

They should give up on the social media thing really, the get no replies or retweets. It's the equivalent of the drunk old bloke in the pub talking to himself that you ignore.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does anyone follow their twitter feed? I kid you not, the other day one of the stories was "Foal dies outside Burgess Hill."

They should give up on the social media thing really, the get no replies or retweets. It's the equivalent of the drunk old bloke in the pub talking to himself that you ignore.

Someone RTd one on to my TL this morning:

"Rare bladder stone condition hitting guinea pigs." FFS

Someone mentioned the Mail. I think basically it has gone like this for the Argus

1) Notice no one buys it anymore
2) Relocate away from Brighton
3) Sack all the sub-editors
4) Notice that the Mail is incredibly profitable, based largely on Paul Dacre turning it in to an internet troll board with fashion tips and rightwing politics
5) Adopt the same business model only with Anna Roberts chasing shop lifters, regular articles about the Green Party and vaccinations and the sort of lowest common denominator online articles that appeal to the mentally ill wombats who comment on it.
6) Point to the number of comments generated and hope the advertising revenues come rolling in
7) Die

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here