Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't leave me this way ............

Dec 29, 2011
I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp. People leave early because it can knock up to an hour off their travel home. If there was no waiting times for trains/car parks etc people would stay until the end. As it is, there will never feasibly be perfect travel and so early leaving will keep happening. At least you started a thread on it though, never can have too many threads about early leavers :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saturday was a bit ridiculous. I couldn't believe how many had gone. If they were rushing to beat the train queue, most of them were too late.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp. People leave early because it can knock up to an hour off their travel home. If there was no waiting times for trains/car parks etc people would stay until the end. As it is, there will never feasibly be perfect travel and so early leaving will keep happening. At least you started a thread on it though, never can have too many threads about early leaves :thumbsup:

That would be about February wouldn't it?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You should worry about your own spelling, punctuation and grammar before trying to make fun of others.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The irony was, I left right on the final whistle and walked down the Lewes ramp and waited all of two minutes before I was on the platform and on my way east at 5.10. More often than not, I don't make that train if I leave straightaway rather than stay for a beer. The second goal fire drill actually made for an easier getaway as the station ramp was nowhere near as busy as usual.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I have been attending Albion matches for 51 years. I have been a season ticket holder for years. I support the Albion at many away games each season. I make a round trip of 250 miles to each home game. I always applaud our team and individual players. I never boo them or otherwise vocalise my disapproval. I do not need some halfwit know it all pontificating about people (me) leaving early (5 mins before the end for the park and ride queue) and making out I am a 'bad fan' for doing so. Wind your neck in you clueless idiot.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
20,000 people had left ten minutes before the end? Total bulls**t.

If you are going to write an opinion piece it would help if you at least made some vague attempt to stick to the facts.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Christ alive, another thread together with a totally juvenile piece of journalism to go with it. Not your finest HB&B .... or perhaps it is!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
If Hitony wants us to refrain from swearing then he would do well to stop this poster infecting the board with his childish attempts at journalism.

Rock

Jan 31, 2008
You lot are a pleasant bunch aren't you. This fella has written a piece about the club he obviously loves - and all you can do is slate his spelling/grammar/childish journalism. In fact whatever anyone writes in any publication tends to come in for criticism - especially if it doesn't fit in with your way of thinking. Live and let live (and yes.. that goes for the people that leave early too...)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You lot are a pleasant bunch aren't you. This fella has written a piece about the club he obviously loves - and all you can do is slate his spelling/grammar/childish journalism. In fact whatever anyone writes in any publication tends to come in for criticism - especially if it doesn't fit in with your way of thinking. Live and let live (and yes.. that goes for the people that leave early too...)

All good points apart from this is HBB and he's fair game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The piece lost any credibility when it said that 20k left on 80 mins. Yes, people started to leave early, but most of the leavers waited until injury time. It was probably still half full on the final whistle.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Alan Green on five live's commentary at villa park yesterday, spoken after 79 mins play "villa park less than half full now as fans leaving in their droves..." I made a mental note of the time just for such a thread as this.

SO! It does happen elsewhere!! Get over it!! If the football is terrible, as it has been a lot this season at the Amex, then people will POE simply because they're bored and they come to see their team win and be entertained. No chance of either equates to people giving the last 10 or 15mins a miss...rightly or wrongly, that's how people react! Always have. Always will.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I asked the stadium about people leaving early and it told me...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even before you get to the content, the Argus site really is appalling.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thanks mate you're a Rock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here