Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

contracts or lack of

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
I think this is a major issue and one that's been overlooked, to many players are out of contract at the end of the season, it must be very hard for them when there future is not secure . So to the problem do you try your hardest to get promotion if your going to be out of the club if you make it to the promised land or do you think at the back of your mind if we stay in this league I could possibly get a new deal earning hundred of thousands of pounds .I want to make it clear that not for one moment do I think they want to lose, but there seems to be something lacking in our play our most committed player is on the bench [calde] and no one else seems to have that passion or drive, its only human nature to worry about your family and finances think the club have f----d up big time ,I am not saying give everyone a new contract but some of them deserve one and if your future is secure surely you would give more to the club. How many of us would give it your best in your job if the better you did the more chance you would be let go....

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes, I'm sure no one at the club thought out that. Obviously overlooked :hilton:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Contracts are always sorted at the end of the season with the Albion and the players know that. As for being out of a job if we make the premiership. If the Albion don't sign them then I'm sure that being part of a side that gained promotion would look good on a C.V and others would be interested. What motivated them for the Leicester performance ? Wish we could recreate that every week but it's not gonna happen.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
if we went up we would boot most out - if we dont some leave and we are still a decent place to attract players.

silly to sign up lots of championship players on a few years contracts and then go up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Or, on the other hand, players who are entirely secure in their position might allow themselves to be complacent, whereas those who still feel their position is under threat may work harder to ensure they get what they feel they deserve at the end of it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The end of the season and pre-season will see a fair few changes with some leaving and out of contract players coming in. It will be a FFP merry go round and hopefully the start of more realistic wage demands from agents and players ... we can only but hope anyway

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are we different from a lot of clubs? Obviously some (particularly in the Premier League) have the clout to offer a contract that the player is willing to sign immediately. We've been pretty good at securing long term deals for players the club see as valuable assets (on the whole).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here