Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Albion memorabilia / tat

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
image.jpg

Couldn't resist purchasing this today at the car boot!

Oh so close to the Premiership, Barry Lloyd unfairly maligned for his time at the
Albion.

Can't believe i missed this game, due to the distractions of a girlfriend (long under the patio now) and uni exams, can't understand my old self at all!

Anyone still got some old tat from the past?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Strangely enough, I was sorting through stuff in the loft this afternoon. There was my old TSB home shirt from circa 1993 ish plus an original blue white and red horizontal bar scarf from 1976 with 'Seagulls' down the middle. I also have a couple of those 'Seagulls over Wembley' posters that the Argus produced for 1983.

I also have a ground regulations poster from The Goldstone that fell off the wall and into my hands as I was walking past one day. Don't class that as tat though. :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Strangely enough, I was sorting through stuff in the loft this afternoon. There was my old TSB home shirt from circa 1993 ish plus an original blue white and red horizontal bar scarf from 1976 with 'Seagulls' down the middle. I also have a couple of those 'Seagulls over Wembley' posters that the Argus produced for 1983.

I also have a ground regulations poster from The Goldstone that fell off the wall and into my hands as I was walking past one day. Don't class that as tat though. :)

Could you take some photos of these items?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Wife threw out a lot of my old stuff from the 70's and 80's which included a scarf that had never been washed and still had a little Palace blood stain. '83 hat, flags and other stuff all gone.
Rarest thing I have got is my Seagulls Special train ticket to Watford for the '84 FA Cup which we lost.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've still got them, and the away pink ones I think.

I'd like to feature these gems on my Goldstone Wrap blog. Would you be able to do some photos of them for me?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I found them tucked away in a bag in the garage a few months back and quickly photographed them before they went back into the time capsule.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I found them tucked away in a bag in the garage a few months back and quickly photographed them before they went back into the time capsule.

Thank you! Did you ever wear the away shorts with the home shirt or vice versa?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorting out some crap in my own loft last weekend, one of the things I found in a box of 'stuff', was a MASSIVE cigar, which I'd entirely forgotten about.

It was given to me (and one to a mate) by one of the Dircetors (I honestly can't recall who) in the oak panelled Boardroom of the Goldstone, when I was about THIRTEEN. "Save it for when you're older!".

We were ballboys at the time, and I think we'd done them a favour by coming in on a Tuesday night to do a reserve game or something, so someone gave us a little tour before or after the game, of the rooms we didn't normally get to see.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorting out some crap in my own loft last weekend, one of the things I found in a box of 'stuff', was a MASSIVE cigar, which I'd entirely forgotten about.

It was given to me (and one to a mate) by one of the Dircetors (I honestly can't recall who) in the oak panelled Boardroom of the Goldstone, when I was about THIRTEEN. "Save it for when you're older!".

We were ballboys at the time, and I think we'd done them a favour by coming in on a Tuesday night to do a reserve game or something, so someone gave us a little tour before or after the game, of the rooms we didn't normally get to see.

They call that "grooming" these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here