Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 14 - It has to be scripted?!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Anyone found that they can beat anyone for about 10 games in a row online and then cant win against anyone for love nor money?

Be interested to hear if its just me but how frustrating can it be and what a con if so!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I find i can score really easily, from stupid angles. Unless i 'need' to score then its impossible

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Me and a couple of mates play with our created player in a team together. We get so frustrated as our computer players never tackle. Anyone else got this?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
FIFA is a terrible game, made terribly, by terrible people.

This. But i still buy it. Play it. And have the same arguments with my poor xbox every year :(

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't believe it's scripted, more that people (myself included) notice odd moments going against them (weird ball bounces etc.) more than for them when, in reality, they happen just as often for both teams.

When it goes for the player, it's assumed it's because they're good, when it goes against, the computer must be cheating. The default FIFA mindset ;)

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Me and a couple of mates play with our created player in a team together. We get so frustrated as our computer players never tackle. Anyone else got this?

Too add to this. The opposition, seem to effortlessly walk past us, but when we try, we get tackled every time.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
FUT is ridiculously scripted. Quite often it happens where I will win 4 or 5 on the bounce easily then will lose 4 or 5 in a row. Add to that strange bounces and players running away from the ball for no discernable reason. It's definitely scripted/handicapped.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I don't think it's scripted as such, but after winning a few in a row I maybe get a bit complacent, going through the motions, trying the same tactic over and over. Only a matter of time before either someone susses it, or I get very lazy. I can't be sure which one.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
FUT is ridiculously scripted. Quite often it happens where I will win 4 or 5 on the bounce easily then will lose 4 or 5 in a row. Add to that strange bounces and players running away from the ball for no discernable reason. It's definitely scripted/handicapped.

100%. EA have never worked out how to make the game work properly and they faked it with momentum scripting. Taking control away from the player is not the right way to make a game.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Anyone who can't see how bad the handicapping is is seriously deluded. The better you get the worse it the scripting gets. Win 5 in a row, only need 1 point for promotion, then go on a 10 game losing streak. Utter bullshit!

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I can accept losing to the better player but seriously when I have 60% possession, 20 shots on target and lose 1-0 with my opponent only having one shot on goal. Can't accept that! It happens far to often.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
And don't even get me started on how Jonathan Woodgate keeps up with Lua Lua. It's called handicapping and it gets right up my nose.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can accept losing to the better player but seriously when I have 60% possession, 20 shots on target and lose 1-0 with my opponent only having one shot on goal. Can't accept that! It happens far to often.

I presume you're playing as Brighton v Wigsn

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Fifa is not a patch on Football Manager (though that dishes out it's fair share of bullshit!). I do play it every now and again however and I must say I've noticed this, defenders outpacing attackers is a particularly common issue, makes you want to smash the controller when Ronaldo is caught by John Terry when through one on one :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here