Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Paul Weller / Steve Marriott haircut

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Following on from the youth subcultures thread: after years of not really caring how my hair looks, I thought I'd have a go at trying to develop the classic Weller haircut from the early 1980s (a.k.a the Steve Marriott centre-parting)

Steve%2BMarriott.jpg

2012-04-02_jam_snapmag.jpg

My hair is quite thick and straight. Is it feasible to get it in this state and is it high maintenance?

And obviously, I just know this thread will open me up to some ribbing, but I don't mind! :)

Also, are there any hairdressers in Brighton & Hove that are knowledgeable about doing mod-style haircuts? I'm just worried I'll end up with a Cliff Bastin centre-parting if I go to the wrong place!

cliff-bastin.jpg

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why? It looks shit!

There's a bloke I see round here who must be in his mid forties but sports a mid Nineties Liam Gallagher hair cut , he looks a right muppet

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You come on NSC for advice about hairdressers and whether a certain hairstyle is 'high maintenance' and suggest that you may be on the receiving end of a bit of teasing? How very dare you?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
hey, I reckon it was called the 'French Line'. Two of my music hero s, both with style and fantastic song writers also. Go and get it done my friend, you don't need people on here to give you advice. I would have that cut myself, but alas the years have taken their toll and I know sport the Richard Fairbrass style!!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Steve Marriott was the coolest rock star ever. Fact. No argument. So don't try and start one, because you'll be wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Do you not think there's a danger that a Paul Weller haircut shouts "mid life crisis"?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Steve Marriott was the coolest rock star ever. Fact. No argument. So don't try and start one, because you'll be wrong.

Ironic statement, given he died in a fire.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do you not think there's a danger that a Paul Weller haircut shouts "mid life crisis"?

I'm not really sure! I think on a personal basis, there's a bit of contrariness going on. Clearly defined subcultures seem to be on the wane, and centre-partings too, so it feels a good time to zig, when everyone else is zagging.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Or maybe with an election coming up, maybe The Style Council is the best direction to go for...

Style+Council.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here