Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most likeable/dislikeable manager in the Football League

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
In an age where the vast majority of football managers are utter nobs, who is your favourite and least favourite?

Topping the pile for biggest wanker, it's got to be Billy Davies at Forest. I couldn't have less time for him if I tried. Closely followed by Mourinho I think. I just don't get the love in with him.

In terms of the most likeable manager, is there anyone as admirable as Gary Johnson at Yeovil? Always comes across extremely well, seems genuinely passionate about their football club too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Adkins for me.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Billy Davies or Nigel Adkins as worst for me

Likeable I would go for Chris Powell or Nigel Pearson

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Billy Davies for me as well; although I actually like Mourinho.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In an age where the vast majority of football managers are utter nobs, who is your favourite and least favourite?

Topping the pile for biggest wanker, it's got to be Billy Davies at Forest. I couldn't have less time for him if I tried. Closely followed by Mourinho I think. I just don't get the love in with him.

In terms of the most likeable manager, is there anyone as admirable as Gary Johnson at Yeovil? Always comes across extremely well, seems genuinely passionate about their football club too.

Used to like him the first time he was in England (and can't stand most things Chelsea) when he was a bit of a breath of fresh air really. Seems to have become a bit of your run of the mill tedious top flight manager now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Strange question. A bit like asking who is the most likeable holding midfielder in the country.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Billy Davies for me as well; although I actually like Mourinho.

hmm - well I think managers receive too much media attention. And some of them use this to deflect attention from their players with their err "personality". Mourinho is an absolute master at that (as was Ferguson). I would rather we ignored them really.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Oh yes - the question in hand.

These Seem OK - Micky Adams, Brendan Rodgers, Nigel Clough

Not so much - Adkins, Pardew, Wurzel

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Built an extension for Gary Johnson many moons ago and he was a top bloke ,a total gent .

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Dislike: Billy Davies, Nigel Pearson
Like: Martinez, Mourinho, Harry Redkanpp, Tim Sherwood, Gus Poyet (gulp, awaits shock of others)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Billy Davies. Seems to wage a personal bitter war against almost everyone, including any Forest supporting journalists. Overrated also - Forest have spent shed loads on transfers and player wages to build a squad of PL class, despite the club having no greater turnover than the Albion, Leeds and Derby, and yet they aren't walking the division with Leicester and QPR.

Like Nigel Pearson - is generally fair in his comments when his team loses, and rode out last season's storm with humility and calm when noisy whingers wanted him sacked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Likeable: Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez
Dislikeable: Billy Davies, Nigel Adkins

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Living in the past

Like - Chris Powell (no longer managing)

Dislike - Colin W**ker (no longer managing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here