Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget the tiresome playoffs this season I want us to boss the division

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Next season let's do a Leicester boss the division make people sit up and take notice and say " that Brighton team ARE Fecking brilliant" get sorting the squad now for next season weed out the chaff and build for dominance next time round, make the Anecdote a place teams fear to come as they know they'll get a footbally lesson and a sound whipping. I don't want us to be the team that sneak a play off spot, fluke a penalty shoot out final win then think the team are good enough for the premier league and go straight back down with barely a whimper, If Burnley can produce a side on far less than we have, nows the time to start pulling it together.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Next season let's do a Leicester boss the division make people sit up and take notice and say " that Brighton team ARE Fecking brilliant" get sorting the squad now for next season weed out the chaff and build for dominance next time round, make the Anecdote a place teams fear to come as they know they'll get a footbally lesson and a sound whipping. I don't want us to be the team that sneak a play off spot, fluke a penalty shoot out final win then think the team are good enough for the premier league and go straight back down with barely a whimper, If Burnley can produce a side on far less than we have, nows the time to start pulling it together.

Sounds expensive that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Burnley still have multi £8m per season parachute monies from their 2010 PL season. In addition their owner/s have been personally injecting £8m per season to cover losses, as with TB. Added to their underlying £13m normal income, the £29m annual spend, has meant they have been able to compete at the top of the Championship. Plus of course, Sean Dyche has done a great job.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd like us to get to the play offs, even if we probably won't win them. It's fun and brings in a bit of extra cash.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Good point, except you are putting this in the Knee jerking twats forum. You want the positive and sensible one found elsewhere. But I agree 100%.

NorthStandTopBoy

Jan 3, 2014
Tony b$oom needs to get some money out of his pocket for once and start bringing some quality in. Every year 3 more teams come down from the EPL & just make it even more difficult. You have to spend Tony - otherwise get out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony b$oom needs to get some money out of his pocket for once and start bringing some quality in. Every year 3 more teams come down from the EPL & just make it even more difficult. You have to spend Tony - otherwise get out.

I'm pretty certain he'll spend big once FFP falls apart.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said apart from doing it in the Burnley style. Their key to success has been consistency in team selection. I don't think they'll have that luxury in the Premier League.

Leicester play consistently attacking football, two strikers etc. Chances of us emulating them?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Are Leicester really all that? Would love to boss the division like we did in league 1 though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm pretty certain he'll spend big once FFP falls apart.

I'm pretty certain he won't. He's on record a few times, including right after taking over from DK, saying that he wants the club to be self-sustaining operationally. He's said that he's happy to invest in the infrastructure (stadium and training facilities), but has also said that the club must be operationally self-sufficient. I don't think that if the FFP limits were £20m (say) he'd be spending £20m. :shrug:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'm not being overly critical of the current set up bearing in mind what happened over the summer with Gus, the introduction of a manager with no english football experience and in my opinion a weaker squad than last season so if we finish top half of the table it's not a bad season by any stretch of the imagination I just feel we don't need the distraction of the playoffs dragging the season out which we are unlikely to win when trying to improve the squad for next season.

I'm more frustrated for the following and possibly unfounded reasons -

I still believe we have one, possibly two seasons left when it's "our Moment" when the new stadium still has a novelty value when we maintain the high number of season ticket holders i can see if we don't make any noticable progress season ticket sales and general interest will drop and with it the obvious financial impact. Do we really want mid table for the next 5 or six seasons with apathay setting in. Of all those who left early Saturday whatever your opinion of them will any first time watchers come back and pay £35 plus? I'm sure they'll have a damn good think about it before shelling out the cash.

Ability to bring in players of the quality we require who WANT to come here - I feel we've struggled with that this season compared to last and we are in danger of this dropping again.

Danger to retain the quality we have - How much longer will the Big Pole hang about?

I anticipate the other arguement of saying "look how far we have come from the Archer and Bellotti days, Hereford and playing at Gillingham" We have come a fantastically long way but it's history and that is all it is, never to be forgotten but we need to let that go in the past now - We want the acadamey and training facility open just as we hit the big time not to produce players to sell to the likes of Hull, Swansea and Norwich as we should be up there shoulder to shoulder with these similarly sized clubs not flogging our talent to them.

I'm not saying spend millions recklessly just sensibly find the players to do the job as no disrespect to those that have come in over and since the summer none of them are really up to it for taking us to the next level in fact the majority have been disapointing at best. I feel to not invest to move forward we will inadvertantly move backwards which after all the hard work by so many to get where we are now. Just one big push for bext season, yes it may all go wrong but isn't it better to say at least we gave it a go than to never really try and have a nagging doubt at the back of your mind saying "did we really do everything we could to achive the goalof premier league football when we had the chance"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, if you can get automatic promotion with a fully rehearsed and consistent squad of players, you have a better chance in the prem than some team that has just scraped through.

I want a season where we can string multiple back to back wins, back to back.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Are Leicester really all that? Would love to boss the division like we did in league 1 though.

Maybe, Maybe not but i'd settle for being that far clear of 3rd at this point in the season. At least we they play at home and the fans expect a win they nearly always get it unlike we have been this season it's also the feeling of confindence among the - I think sometimes we've lost before a ball has been kicked as we don't exude the confidence of we'll win this, Half the crowd get a feeling of big game this is the moment to take the bull by the horns but deep down you expect a cock up like yesreday or Wigan at home etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here