Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

schools and footie teams yesterday

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
They announced at half-time that there were a number of youngsters
from schools and youth footie teams there yesterday (I guess this was
the group in the south stand). Quite a lot in fact.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any feedback from them on the
day. This is our club's future support after all.

:bhasign:

Thats what the n/w shelf is used for i think???

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The NW shelf is for school parties and has been rammed the last two Saturday home games. Many of the kids of 5/6 didn't look remotely interested.
I've always thought the kids will engage more if taken by a parent and it becomes a special experience.

Jul 7, 2003

My daughter's school went to the Reading match and were in the South stand (some groups are up on the NW shelf as noted above). For her, the day was £6.50 including coach travel from Worthing. Her and her friends loved the day out and it is a great way of bringing in the future fans of the club. If one kid in every party becomes a lifelong Albion fan then it is a great investment.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The NW shelf is for school parties and has been rammed the last two Saturday home games. Many of the kids of 5/6 didn't look remotely interested.
I've always thought the kids will engage more if taken by a parent and it becomes a special experience.

The schools don't take the kids without parents - parents get discounted tickets too. They usually meet at the ground, but make their own way there.

I know people who have become regular fans, with their children, after coming on one of these deals ( and that's when it was at Withdean).

Jul 7, 2003
The schools don't take the kids without parents - parents get discounted tickets too. They usually meet at the ground, but make their own way there.

I know people who have become regular fans, with their children, after coming on one of these deals ( and that's when it was at Withdean).

Not so - my daughter's school group was kids and few teachers only. Parents weren't given the option to go (as an STH that didn't bother me).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not so - my daughter's school group was kids and few teachers only. Parents weren't given the option to go (as an STH that didn't bother me).

Really? Very odd. A friend, a teacher at a local Primary School, arranged a visit recently - they filled the shelf, and parents were very much involved. He organised the tickets for the children and the parents, and didn't travel with a group - he met them there. So I guess it's up to the school how they arrange it. Perhaps your daughter's school decided to do it the way they did.

Madness if so, having parents to help makes life much easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here