Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Rodriguez Aiming to Stay

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Get priority for 2014/15 season tickets. Join the season ticket waiting list with Bronze membership.

David Rodriguez is hoping to earn a new contract with Brighton & Hove Albion after admitting his love for life in the city.
The Spaniard confessed he has enjoyed his time on the south coast so far but is now looking to show what he can do on the pitch.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I love Brighton and I’m really happy with how the team is progressing despite Saturday’s result.
“It’s all positive for me; even though I’ve been playing less lately, every time I get on the pitch I try to do all I can, but I know the adaptation process isn’t easy.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“Nobody really knows me coming from Spain and I see this half-season as a chance to impress and earn myself more time here.
“My intention in the last few matches is to help the team and hopefully we'll get in the play-offs, which I see as a real possibility.
“Then, I want to try to win a new contract when this one ends in June because I’m happy here.
“This is a fantastic city to stroll around. It’s a welcoming city, it has got everything, it is by the sea and close to London.
“My girlfriend speaks English so it’s easier for her but we’re really happy with everything – the city, the club, the stadium.”
david-l229-1344394.jpg

The former Celta Vigo man also admitted the quality of players in the Championship surprised him but that he is getting through the adapting stage.
“It’s not just here; not long ago we played Reading and they had Royston Drenthe, who is a top-level player in other countries including Spain.
“That tells you everything about the quality of the Championship.
“English football is very different to Spanish and I’m getting through this period.
“The intensity in matches has surprised me, be it whether we are playing a team at the top or the bottom of the table, and that is the fundamental difference.”
Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here