Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home form the real issue?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It appears that once again it could well be our home form that's holding us back. We have only won four more points at home than away and have play one home game more. Why can't the team and manager get this right?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think our setup and shape is the ultimate away system where we are solid and hit teams on the counter. The main issue we have is we seem to adopt the same tactics at home and I think we need to have more ambition in front of our own fans. Yesterday was another good example where for the first 15min we let a team come at us, settle and gain confidence. We were always chasing the game after that and I feel if we actually came out of the blocks quicker at home and scored early we would see a much better points tally at the Amex

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Our away form is comparable to other teams slightly above us. Or as I could have put it - another bottle job

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Amex is a fortress. We've conceded fewer goals than any other Championship team at the Amex this season. We just haven't scored many goals

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We play the same system week in week out, home and away. Sometimes we convert the chances we make and other times we squander them. If we were more clinical in front of goal then happy days. Would we be any more clinical playing two up front? Who knows.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Profligacy in front of goal. Far too many chances wasted. The decent defence we have usually have can only keep us in matches for so long.

For a team with designs on promotion to the Premiership, 39 goals from 36 matches is pitifui.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That is exactly what psiises me off though, What might be if we got it right

If we hadn't been ravaged by injury early season, if Ulloa hadn't got a stupid red away at reading, if we'd scored 5 of the sitters and converted 5 draws into wins.

I do share your frustration, but I do think Oscars team next season will be very different and much more effective with him having time to plan pre-season plus the new training ground ready all point to it IMO.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel the way we set up at home is so predictable and we make it so easy for the other team and i feel the tempo is far too slow at home its almost snails pace

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It appears that once again it could well be our home form that's holding us back. We have only won four more points at home than away and have play one home game more. Why can't the team and manager get this right?

What is there to 'get right'? If you're solely reliant on big bloke up front sticking them away, then basically your fate is down to big bloke's contribution on the day. Nothing to do with home or away form.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here