Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Brighton Marathon 2014 Thread

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Only 2 weeks to go now so if you're not prepared it's pretty much too late.

Who on here is doing it and how's your preparation gone?

I did my last big run this morning and managed a 21 miler so I'm pretty sure I'll be OK on the big day! Famous Last words...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I am running for REMF. No training done as have had a injury to foot. Ive just been declared fit to participate. I am hoping 6 hours and that my foot makes it. Going on a test 3 mile run tomorrow.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'll be there, have been working a lot on speed this year, improving my 5k time and whilst the distance is not comparable I do think these 3.1 mile bursts will help my marathon times.

Got up to 12 miles from the 26th January and since then I've done x2 20 miles x2 18 miles and 3 runs at half marathon or above.

I reckon I'm on for a time of around 3:50 if I run injury free, as I've been having some IT band problems since the end of February.

Good luck to everyone who is entering and hopefully the weather is like the half in February.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
I am running my first full marathon and none better than in my home town. I am running for the CBTRC in memory of my son who sadly passed away last year aged 16.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I ran the first one in 2010 and then again in 2012. Best time is 3:54 so would love to beat that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here