Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutless, Spineless and simply not good enough!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Another fantastic opportunity to get into the top 6 wasted, another chance to stake our claim as serious playoff candidates wasted and unfortunately with a spineless and nothing performance thrown in for good measure.

To be honest you could feel it from the off, the lack of tempo in our game and that feeling that it just wasn't going to be our day with too many players looking too slow and for some unknown reason just not up for it, i'm sure that wasn't the case but from my seat it looked like a tired group of players today. I cant knock Oscar for his team selection too much, i'm not sure what Stephens did wrong at Bolton to not get himself a start today as he looked good up north but im not the manager and it was more than a poor Andrews that lost us the game.

We can wave possession stats all day long but we just didn't have that edge to our game today and I wish for the life of me Oscar would come out and say we lacked that edge, we looked slow and deserved to lose which for me we did! Ipswich aren't world beaters, they spent most of the game being tidy at the back and hoofing 50 yard balls but in this division you cant have off days and expect not to get punished and our inconsistency will be our downfall as Ipswich were there for the taking.

It's just one of those seasons i'm afraid, were still in the mix of course we are but I HATE HATE HATE seeing my team produce nothing performances with no fight, no battle and no guts and today was one of them i'm afraid.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
i'm not sure what Stephens did wrong at Bolton to not get himself a start today as he looked good up north but im not the manager and it was more than a poor Andrews that lost us the game

I keep thinking of the fact that Nathan Jones (unnecessarily) criticised Stephens performance at Bolton in the post-match interview. I do wonder if that had anything to do with it. Andrews was predictably poor but somehow lasted the 90 minutes.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
We're not a blood and guts team. Some people need to accept that and move on.

I appreciate that were not but that doesn't mean we cant mix it up, we were up against a team full of midgets today and lost a lot of 50/50s

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Another fantastic opportunity to get into the top 6 wasted, another chance to stake our claim as serious playoff candidates wasted and unfortunately with a spineless and nothing performance thrown in for good measure.

To be honest you could feel it from the off, the lack of tempo in our game and that feeling that it just wasn't going to be our day with too many players looking too slow and for some unknown reason just not up for it, i'm sure that wasn't the case but from my seat it looked like a tired group of players today. I cant knock Oscar for his team selection too much, i'm not sure what Stephens did wrong at Bolton to not get himself a start today as he looked good up north but im not the manager and it was more than a poor Andrews that lost us the game.

We can wave possession stats all day long but we just didn't have that edge to our game today and I wish for the life of me Oscar would come out and say we lacked that edge, we looked slow and deserved to lose which for me we did! Ipswich aren't world beaters, they spent most of the game being tidy at the back and hoofing 50 yard balls but in this division you cant have off days and expect not to get punished and our inconsistency will be our downfall as Ipswich were there for the taking.

It's just one of those seasons i'm afraid, were still in the mix of course we are but I HATE HATE HATE seeing my team produce nothing performances with no fight, no battle and no guts and today was one of them i'm afraid.

Pretty much agree with your comments byf1. A wasted opportunity to put ourselves well and truly in the shake up today.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

agree with the above , only 4 points from the last 12 at home , all against play off contenders

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's always nice to read a completely contrary view of the match.
As opposed to all the other threads heaping praise on the team and performance.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
To be honest you could feel it from the off, the lack of tempo in our game and that feeling that it just wasn't going to be our day

I agree with this point. You can usually tell in the first 10 mins whether we are up for it or not and today had that Barnsley game deja vu feeling about it from the off. I remember Leicester, you could sense we had the bit between our teeth from the off and that we were going to have a good game. Not today Im afraid but thern there is always next week.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wait until we lose our game in hand v Blackburn - then we'll really be spineless and gutless.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Could it be that most of our players know they aren't up to playing in the Premiership (let's face it....they're not!!) and may be that is starting to affect their game?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could it be that most of our players know they aren't up to playing in the Premiership (let's face it....they're not!!) and may be that is starting to affect their game?

as a matter of interest how many of Leicester's squad do u think are up to playing well in the Prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here