Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1-0 down and we take off one of our two strikers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why? Utterly and completely inexplicable. Is there ever an excuse for any manager doing that?

Garcia - "My instinct is always to attack". So when we are losing a match we desperately need to get something from, you take off a striker and one of our few players who are likely to score!

What a load of ****

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why? Utterly and completely inexplicable. Is there ever an excuse for any manager doing that?

Garcia - "My instinct is always to attack". So when we are losing a match we desperately need to get something from, you take off a striker and one of our few players who are likely to score!

What a load of ****

forgive me ..but who came on?...no..second thoughts don't bother...i get confused by people referring to strikers ..wingers...and attacking midfield players

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ermmm...Lingard isn't deployed as a striker. Nice try though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
forgive me ..but who came on?...no..second thoughts don't bother...i get confused by people referring to strikers ..wingers...and attacking midfield players

March - winger!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

First sub at 0-1
JFC (central midfielder) came off, Lualua (attacking winger) came on

Second Sub at 0-1
Lingard (attacking winger) came off, March (attacking winger) came on

Third sub at 0-2
Buckley (attacking winger) came off, Rodriguez (attacking winger/attacker) came on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ermmm...Lingard isn't deployed as a striker. Nice try though.

Maybe not an out-and-out striker. But he is a GOALSCORER. Four goals on his on-loan debut for Birmingham. Why would anyone sub a player who clearly knows where the back of the net is when we need to score?

How on earth did we end the game with Lingard off and David 'Makes Obika Look Good' Rodriguez on?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He is too lightweight .I am not impressed with him . He is far too easily knocked off of the ball.. He does not look like a great goals scorer at the moment.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why wasn't Hoskins on the bench today? He's played plenty of minutes for the development squad so surely was fit enough for the bench.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
By crofts has scored multiple goals for us, and never heard him referred to as a striker.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The biggest mystery for me was why Hoskins was not on the bench. We only had Rodney on the bench, who is pony. Hoskins came through 90mins the other day, so surely had a good 20mins in him and is a proven goalscorer. If ever a game needed a striker coming on with 20mins to go, it was today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First sub at 0-1

Second Sub at 0-1

Third sub at 0-2
Buckley (attacking winger) came off, Rodriguez (attacking winger/attacker) came on.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good tantrum

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
By crofts has scored multiple goals for us, and never heard him referred to as a striker.

But Lingard is a striker, even though he doesn't play up front for us because Garcia is terrified of having anyone partner Ulloa.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
First sub at 0-1

Second Sub at 0-1

Third sub at 0-2

Not one of the players who came on have a league goal to their name this season. That is a worrying stat and ultimately the reason we are not in the top six.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But Lingard is a striker, even though he doesn't play up front for us because Garcia is terrified of having anyone partner Ulloa.

To be fair that's a different argument to taking off one of our two strikers which you said in the OP. Despite Oscar being 'obsessed with attacking football' we NEVER play with two strikers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First sub at 0-1

Second Sub at 0-1

Thanks..that was kind of my point :)
Third sub at 0-2

Thanks..that was kind of my point :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here