Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't play badly today

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Tbh I thought we played ok today again thought we were a bit to negative still and our defence look out of sorts we gave them the two goals and we had chances ourselves on another day would of gone in!! Plus ipswich were a good side What do people think?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ipswich played well too.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Tbh I thought we played ok today again thought we were a bit to negative still and our defence look out of sorts we gave them the two goals and we had chances ourselves on another day would of gone in!! What do people think?

I think you need a trip to specsavers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we were very poor and a lot of players under performed but these things happen.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
They were better than us and deserved the win, fair play to them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We've played FAR worse and won games this season. First game I've been to in about 6 weeks and thought it was one of those days when we still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Poor today. Never got round the back of them, shooting from edge of box was off target or not struck cleanly.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Ipswich are the kind of team you need to score against when on top. McCarthy has them well organised defensively, as you'd expect of a former central defender, they work hard for another, so they soak up play and then pinch goals on the counter, especially from set plays. Every team McCarthy has ever managed has been much the same in that respect.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We did not play well at all. Disjointed, hardly created any clear chances, conceded two bad goals. I think OG has to take the blame - starting with Andrews instead of Stephens, for instance. I just wish he'd take a few more risks. Wouldn't it have been great to have Lua Lua starting instead of bringing him on as soon as we go a goal down.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Poor today. Never got round the back of them, shooting from edge of box was off target or not struck cleanly.

Must've been watching a different game to me. We got to the line a load of times and pulled a cross back; it was the finishing that was poor.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have just got back to the west country, not read anything on here yet,..I simply want to say that we lost because we played with three defensive midfielder giving no support going forward, JFC and Andrews were passengers, JFC is out of his depth I am afraid.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
JFC and Andrews were passengers, JFC is out of his depth I am afraid.

My heart sank a bit when I saw those two names in the starting XI. I knew we'd be up against it - JFC probably not quite good enough, certainly too lightweight. As for Andrews - well, what does he contribute? Honestly don't know what he does to justify being selected for every game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We should have had Hoskins on the bench rather than 2 more wingers in Lua Lua and March. With Buckley and Lingarde that gave us 4 wide men in the squad why? We needed goals not somebody extra to cross it to a non existant striker

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My heart sank a bit when I saw those two names in the starting XI. I knew we'd be up against it - JFC probably not quite good enough, certainly too lightweight. As for Andrews - well, what does he contribute? Honestly don't know what he does to justify being selected for every game.

Stephens sitting unused....... Tragic

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Tbh I thought we played ok today again thought we were a bit to negative still and our defence look out of sorts we gave them the two goals and we had chances ourselves on another day would of gone in!! Plus ipswich were a good side What do people think?

i thought it was a poor display , Ipswich were not a good team just big physical and well organised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here