Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seems it's ok for stewards to be aggressive and rude according to bhafc fans

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Passing the farm shop walking into falmer and asked a steward if he could stop the cars blocking the pavement and was told to f off! Told him I was going to report him and went to take a photo of him for id proposes and had my phone knocked to their floor and damaged. Told him he was going to get sacked for it and got grabbed round the throat and pushed away.

This was seen by a few supporters who's opinion was that as they didn't know if I'd done something to deserve it they would not get involved as a witness to the stewards behavior.

Can't believe some people think it ok for stewards to behave like that. Absolutely no justification.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Stop the cars blocking the pavement? And the steward has jurisdiction over the law since when? He has jurisdiction to stop traffic movement in and out of Falmer village due to operating restrictions/bylaws granted with Falmer planning permission. Your request? He can do nothing I guess..... then you get arsey?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Stop the cars blocking the pavement? And the steward has jurisdiction over the law since when? He has jurisdiction to stop traffic movement in and out of Falmer village due to operating restrictions/bylaws granted with Falmer planning permission. Your request? He can do nothing I guess..... then you get arsey?

Yes, they have that jurisdiction, the club stewards are responsible for those car parks according to the club and are responsible for the cars leaving them.

No. Not arsey at all until he told me to f off. And even then I was really restrained and polite.

I find the responses really interesting to be honest. Seems that people are happy to let things happen as long as it isn't affecting them.

Do you really think it's ok for a steward to behave in that way?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Passing the farm shop walking into falmer and asked a steward if he could stop the cars blocking the pavement and was told to f off! Told him I was going to report him and went to take a photo of him for id proposes and had my phone knocked to their floor and damaged. Told him he was going to get sacked for it and got grabbed round the throat and pushed away.

This was seen by a few supporters who's opinion was that as they didn't know if I'd done something to deserve it they would not get involved as a witness to the stewards behavior.

Can't believe some people think it ok for stewards to behave like that. Absolutely no justification.

Might be worth doing a repeat performance next week if the same steward is there. This time get someone to discreetly film the 'action' then get him sacked. Seems like a right bully.

Also take some pictures of the police vans/cars parked on the pavement in Village Way. It's bandit country down there!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A great example of why it's best to mind your own business and not moan at people about trivial things!

Reason for speaking to the steward was that there was a near miss there a few weeks back due to.people having to walk in the road when cars were desperately trying to get away.

Still, trivial until someone gets hurt I suppose. Probably best to wait until then before doing anything.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a shit thread. Moaning about cars

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Looks to me like you brought most of it upon yourself.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why would he openly assault you in broad daylight in front of other supporters?

Because he was a loon. All very odd. People spoke up when he knocked the phone away and when he grabbed me but then carried on walking when it didn't develop. People seem like they would rather walk by than get involved.

I can understand people on here thinking there must be more to it, I'd be the same. What I can't understand is people not wanting to stand up to something like that when witnessing it first hand.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Should of noted his jacket number.

I did note the number on his jacket, 681. Have also reported to police and am now doing so to the club. Simply can't have people responsible for others' safety behaving like that.

I'm unhurt but with an attitude like that in a volatile situation there could be a very bad outcome.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The stewards are very friendly and helpful in WSU, the man who checked my bag on entry said thank you sir and our Lady Steward in our section is so friendly and polite it is a pleasure.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If this really did take place then next Saturday you have an opportunity to follow it up. The steward in question will probably be in the same place.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Looks to me like you brought most of it upon yourself.

How? Do you really think that asking a steward something warrants that behaviour? I'm genuinely interested to hear why you think I deserved that behavior from someone tasked with protecting safety of supporters.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I did note the number on his jacket, 681. Have also reported to police and am now doing so to the club. Simply can't have people responsible for others' safety behaving like that.

I'm unhurt but with an attitude like that in a volatile situation there could be a very bad outcome.

I had an issue with a member of the security team earlier this season, emailed Paul Barber and had an apology from the club and the person in question no longer works for the Albion.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Because he was a loon. All very odd. People spoke up when he knocked the phone away and when he grabbed me but then carried on walking when it didn't develop. People seem like they would rather walk by than get involved.

I can understand people on here thinking there must be more to it, I'd be the same. What I can't understand is people not wanting to stand up to something like that when witnessing it first hand.

So, have you at least put a report in? If not why not? It may have happened before and he might be on a final? If you do nothing then you are encouraging him for his next show of bravado.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, they have that jurisdiction, the club stewards are responsible for those car parks according to the club and are responsible for the cars leaving them.

Do you really think it's ok for a steward to behave in that way?

Outside of the ground, and within its operating remit, I couldn't t give 2 shxxs how the stewards behave. If they are working within the law/bylaws then people need to cooperate in a sensible manner or face any consequences.

If operating outside of the law they should be told to politely do one (said it, done it, had the pointless argument and won).

As for asking them to move cars on a public highway? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here