Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
He would have scored more than one at the Amex today if he was still here. Chances going begging for a proper striker.

I was thinking the very same as I watched 15,000 evacuate the building on 80 minutes.
Then my thoughts turned to the return of CMS.

Dec 29, 2011
He would have scored more than one at the Amex today if he was still here. Chances going begging for a proper striker.

:lolol: You must be joking. He has missed chance after chance for us. Our striker problems started long before he left. His goal today was from two yards out, and it wouldn't surprise me if he missed two more from two yards out before the game ended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on THPP, you can't honestly believe that.

Had Barnes been playing today he to would have missed more than his fair share of half chances.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Had Barnes been playing today he to would have missed more than his fair share of half chances.

There was a point in the game, where the ball was dead in the north 6 yard area when Rodriguez just looked at it. Barnes would have thrown everything at it, leg, boot, ankle, whatever to get it over the line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was a point in the game, where the ball was dead in the north 6 yard area when Rodriguez just looked at it. Barnes would have thrown everything at it, leg, boot, ankle, referee, whatever to get it over the line.
:lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was thinking the very same as I watched 15,000 evacuate the building on 80 minutes.
Then my thoughts turned to the return of CMS.

*shudder* CMS would have been running about headlessly, alternating between directing traffic on the A27, polishing the silverware in the museum and serving coffee in the Privilege Lounge. Anywhere requiring frantic activity apart from that wee small area of the pitch where we require our strikers to ply their trade.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
*shudder* CMS would have been running about headlessly, alternating between directing traffic on the A27, polishing the silverware in the museum and serving coffee in the Privilege Lounge. Anywhere requiring frantic activity apart from that wee small area of the pitch where we require our strikers to ply their trade.

You're funny.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
A real Albion legend also scored today. I would rather see the return of a 40 year old Bobby Zamora (who doesn't even like football) than see Barnes ever back in the stripes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry but I genuinely do believe that. Ashley Barnes has a striker's instinctive, er, instinct for being in the right place at the right time. You can't teach it, you either have it or you don't. Players like, say, CMS, don't. Their game is based on running around a lot and being slipped a through ball. Which may work sometimes in the lower leagues, but won't work often enough here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry but I genuinely do believe that. Ashley Barnes has a striker's instinctive, er, instinct for being in the right place at the right time. You can't teach it, you either have it or you don't. Players like, say, CMS, don't. Their game is based on running around a lot and being slipped a through ball. Which may work sometimes in the lower leagues, but won't work often enough here.
How do you explain his goal scoring record if instinctively he's in the right place at the right time?

Something doesn't add up, maybe there's a clue in the BBC match report:-

The former Brighton striker was only denied a second when his header was kept out by goalkeeper Ben Hamer at point-blank range.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How do you explain his goal scoring record if instinctively he's in the right place at the right time?

Something doesn't add up, maybe there's a clue in the BBC match report:-

The former Brighton striker was only denied a second when his header was kept out by goalkeeper Ben Hamer at point-blank range.

Keeper did well? As per Gerken's fantastic one-handed save in the second half today. It happens. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here