Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has to be our most boring manager ever.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
At least Gus, like him or not, had some interesting to say after most games. OG just comes out with the same old boring crap and doesn't even attempt to answer the questions. I realise that English isn't his first language, but come on, Oscar, show a bit of animation and passion. You could very easily fall asleep listening to him and I'm afraid the team seem to have taken to playing in exactly the same way.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why, did he say anything of interest?

What do you want him to say? Make excuses or blame the ref? I judge us on our performances on the pitch, I really couldn't care less whether his post match press conferences are 'entertaining' or not.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
****ing boring !!!!!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Who cares what he says after the games? I'd rather him than Poyet's histrionics. Unless you want Oscar to whinge about ceilings and ****ing off to play Golf.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's very hard to dislike Garcia, as there is nothing to dislike about the guy. But it is also very hard to warm to him as well, as he shows all the passion of a goldfish. I must admit I thought Poyet was a total tosser and I haven't changed my mind at all. But I think if Garcia was to show a bit more passion, hopefully it might rub off on the pitch....Poyet and Garcia are the total opposite of each other in personality, but in football terms I don't see a lot of difference, although Garcia hasn't had the riches to spend that Poyet had.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What I find difficult to understand is how someone with limited English and a clear lack of character is meant to motivate a football team.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
At least Gus, like him or not, had some interesting to say after most games. OG just comes out with the same old boring crap and doesn't even attempt to answer the questions. I realise that English isn't his first language, but come on, Oscar, show a bit of animation and passion. You could very easily fall asleep listening to him and I'm afraid the team seem to have taken to playing in exactly the same way.

You're such a dick. You moaned and moaned about the things Gus said, and now we have a manager that has the sense to keep his mouth shut and not give anything away or say anything the press will jump on him for, and you're still not happy.

Moan about Oscar for his team selection, his tactics, his results, whatever. But moaning that his interviews aren't interesting enough? Get a life mate. His job is to win football matches, he isn't a TV personality. If I was him I'd do exactly the same, keep it as neutral as possible. He probably heard about all the bed wetting from poor sensitive Brighton fans after Gus dared to speak his mind, and so, sensibly, can't be arsed with the hassle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well if OG is boring, I generally like boring. There's been plenty of boring football from Albion in the last 20 years but not now. As usual one poor result and the boom mongers are out in force

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
What do you want him to say? Make excuses or blame the ref? I judge us on our performances on the pitch, I really couldn't care less whether his post match press conferences are 'entertaining' or not.

Maybe the REAL point is that if OG is rather uninspiring in his media duties then it may well be that he is not particularly inspiring in the dressing room and perhaps that IS affecting our performances on the pitch?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What I find difficult to understand is how someone with limited English and a clear lack of character is meant to motivate a football team.

Perhaps you should ask the powers that be at Barcelona?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
he is kinda zen.....but sometimes in an interview i want to feel close to the club / players.

OG is a bit like PB and all the marketing - the right direction for the club to keep up with modern football, but kinda sterile.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe the REAL point is that if OG is rather uninspiring in his media duties then it may well be that he is not particularly inspiring in the dressing room and perhaps that IS affecting our performances on the pitch?!

Of which you have absolutely no evidence for whatsoever. I'd say it's much more likely that OG is just a hell of a lot more media savvy than our last manager. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd been specifically instructed to act in this way by the likes of Bloom and Barber, after the fiasco caused by our last manager speaking his mind too often.

Some people just need something to moan about. Last manger - too opinionated. This manager - not opinionated enough. Ridiculous.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
OG is a bit like PB and all the marketing - the right direction for the club to keep up with modern football, but kinda sterile.

This. And it should be only the football that matters, which is going OK under him. Not spectacular, but OK. And next season is the season to judge him on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Pretty sure Forster Caskey said earlier in the week that he's the best man manager he's played under or words to that effect. Martinez at Everton never seems to say much in his post match interviews but it doesn't seem to affect them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here