Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Tom have done better?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Personally thought he 'did a Brez' on the first......shirley need to clear out attackers, defenders, the ball and whatever else is in the way by an assertive PUNCH

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
First one very soft (only a slightly better effort than Brez against Hull). Think second was tough to save though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Caught in no mans land for the 1st goal. Should have stayed on his line and tried to tip it over or come to claim. Won us points in the last couple of games so can't criticize too much. 2nd goal thought the defence was at fault.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He was clearly at fault for the first. I did not see the second as down to him. The scorer got in front of Upson after Williams had done Buckley. Hopefully this will calm down the hype about him being 'extra special'. He does not dominate his 6 yard box with sufficient physicality and yes very much like Brez at Hull.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
The first one especially, should have come for it with more conviction and determination! That was a poor goal to concede! The second was poor aswell but you can ask questions of Bruno,Buckley and Upson for this goal.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Their keeper's one handed save to his right to keep out Lingard's shot in the second half was something to behold.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If either Brez or Casper had made those mistakes today they'd be crucified on here

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tommy K is a good keeper but I reckon vastly overrated on here. He is not confident in coming for the ball - but let's be fair, he isn't the only recent keeper of ours to suffer that malaise - The talk of him being our best ever always makes me smile though. Oh for the days when a keeper came for the ball with conviction and that was the day when centre forwards clattered them as well.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
If the forward had made proper contact with the header Tom would have saved it you can tell that by his movement. The first like at Hull, JFC was at fault on the far post again all he succeeded in doing was to get in Tom's way

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Tommy K is a good keeper but I reckon vastly overrated on here. He is not confident in coming for the ball - but let's be fair, he isn't the only recent keeper of ours to suffer that malaise - The talk of him being our best ever always makes me smile though. Oh for the days when a keeper came for the ball with conviction and that was the day when centre forwards clattered them as well.

Bring back Eric Steele and his 'phenomenally long kick' as described by Vinnecombe at the time in the Argus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here