Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Ipswich

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
PIG - 2- struggling to find any positives for him. Distribution was poor and seemed to lack confidence
Bruno -8- MOTM , Was everywhere , especially in the first half and put some lovely crosses in .
Greer - 6- looked assured but slow
Upson -7- Made quite a few vital interceptions and heading was excellent
Ward -7- Played really well again today. It seemed the full backs were encouraged to get forward more today
Ince -7- Big presence in midfield but his shooting let him down
Andrews -6- Best game in a brighton shirt imo , always wanted the ball and had a couple of blocked shots
JFC - 7- Looked a lot stronger today and won the ball more often
Buckley -6- Didn't do too much today , went missing in the 2nd half
Ulloa -7- won a lot in the air against defenders who were all over him all day long
Lingard -8- Best performance from him today that I've seen. Shouldn't have been taken off. Did everything but score.

Lua Lua -6- Looked lively when he came on
March N/A

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
On the stream Ince looked very poor today. Lingard looked dangerous but wasteful. Kuszczak to blame for both goals

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
PIG - 2- struggling to find any positives for him. Distribution was poor and seemed to lack confidence
Bruno -8- MOTM , Was everywhere , especially in the first half and put some lovely crosses in .
Greer - 6- looked assured but slow
Upson -7- Made quite a few vital interceptions and heading was excellent
Ward -7- Played really well again today. It seemed the full backs were encouraged to get forward more today
Ince -7- Big presence in midfield but his shooting let him down
Andrews -6- Best game in a brighton shirt imo , always wanted the ball and had a couple of blocked shots
Buckley -6- Didn't do too much today , went missing in the 2nd half
Ulloa -7- won a lot in the air against defenders who were all over him all day long
Lingard -8- Best performance from him today that I've seen. Shouldn't have been taken off. Did everything but score.

Lua Lua -6- Looked lively when he came on
March N/A

6s, a lot of 7s and some 8s !!!!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Very pedestrian today - needs a spark in central midfield.

Koosak - 5
Bruno - 7
Greer - 6
Upson - 7
Ward - 7
Ince - 6
Julie - 5
JFC - 5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 7
Ulloa - 6

Lua Lua - 4
March - 4
Rod - N/A

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
PIG - 5

Bruno - 6
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 6

Ince - 6
Andrews - 5.5
Forster-Caskey - 5.5

Buckley - 6
Ulloa - 5.5
Lingard -5.5

Lua Lua -6
March - 5
Rodders - N/A

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unimpressed by Ince today, and in the chaos of the last quarter, his inexperience and youth stood out. Pot shots from 30 yards when should have passed, driving on and on without passing to more gifted players then losing possession, taking up wide or forward positions and so crowding the space for the likes of LuaLua. Tried his heart out, but needs to maintain the positional discipline of Bridcutt, as that is best role.

Summed up an increasingly naive team performance as the game wore on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lingard and Ulloa have definitely built up an understanding together. Thought Lingard should have scored first half though. He had 2 great chances: the 1 on 1 and when Ulloa teed him up on the left of the box. Worth his place in the team, but I just can't see him scoring for us.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Boring game. Very poor performance. I don't mind us losing to a better team, but Ipswich weren't that good ... we were worse.

Kuszczack 4. Not his best game. Some of his distribution very poor. Someone said he was responsible for their first goal? Certainly I thought he should have done better with their second.
Bruno 5. Some good stuff going forward (except for two or three overhit passes), but still a liability at times defensively.
Greer 6. Thought he did OK.
Upson 6. Ditto.
Ward 7. Best of the defenders and got forward well.
Ince 6. Nowhere near his best, but still an OK game. Needs to work on his decision making going forward and take more shooting practice.
Andrews 6. Did OK except for one or two horrible passes, but can't understand why Stephens didn't play in his place.
JFC 6. A bit anonymous.
Lingard 7. Probably the best I've seen from him, but he really needs to take shooting practice. Tends to get knocked off the ball too easily.
Buckley 5. What happened to the Buckley of last week? Didn't do enough and responsible for their 2nd goal.
Ulloa 6. He could have had a couple of goals on another day. His ball control seemed back to the Leo of old at times, but at the end of the day he needs to score goals and didn't.

Subs:
KLL 7. Should have been brought on earlier. The tempo seemed to improve when he arrived on the scene.
March 1. Normally don't mark players for 12 minutes, but he was truly awful. Unusual for him, but nothing (except for one pass) went right today.
Rodrigues N/A. Waht was the point?

Manager 3. Wrong team, poor tactics, no momentum, no passion from the team or from the manager.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Based on the stream:

PIG - 6. I don't think he was solely to blame for either goal, it was all-round poor defending. Distribution could be better.
Bruno -8. Looked good and didn't do much wrong. Always seemed to have 1/2 yard of space more than others.
Greer - 7. Did what he had to do well.
Upson -7. As per Greer.
Ward -7. I do like Ward, always available and does equally well going forward as he does going back.
Ince - 6. Thought his radar was slightly off today - covered the ground well but some of his passing was sloppy.
Andrews -6. Didn't do too much wrong imo. Perhaps not as forward thinking or as quick as others would want but not the worst i've ever seen anyone play.
JFC - 6. Did ok, but thought his set plays were poor.
Buckley -6. Good first half, poor second. I actually thought he had been substituted long before he had.
Ulloa -6.5. Didn't get much luck against their center backs, but linked up well with the midfield.
Lingard -7.5. Really good game - unlucky with a couple of first half efforts but looked really lively.

Subs:
Lua Lua - 6.5. Didn't do much wrong, but felt that their defence read him early on and he wasn't allowed the space he needs.
March - 6. Did ok, but not on long enough to affect the game.
Rodriguez - N/A Not enough time.

One of those games: I don't know if we were going to score but very much a smash & grab job by Ipswich, who aren't a bad side.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm getting fed up of turning up and unless we're playing a big name, the team have completely the wrong attitude and think we are going to get a result putting in the bare minimum of effort..

Koosak - 5 Don't think he could have done much with the goals but pretty average from him today.
Bruno - 7 The only one who could have got MOM
Greer - 6 Don't like Dunk being dropped after playing well but GG was ok today
Upson - 6
Ward - 6
Ince - 5 A very promising start to the season is starting to peter out.
Julie - 2 We play negative uninspiring football too often without him. He just makes it worse.
JFC - 5 He's been good recently but not today
Buckley - 6 When he ups the tempo it just shows how much the rest of them don't
Lingard - 5 Disappointing today
Ulloa - 5 Fair first half, awful second. What is with this sauntering back business?

Lua Lua - 6 a few good crosses
March - 5 No impact
Rod - N/A

Management have got to be held accountable for the mental approach the team have to the game. Far too often we just don't look bothered.

Guess what, our ONLY set-piece move is known by Ipswich from video analysis. What a surprise!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unimpressed by Ince today, and in the chaos of the last quarter, his inexperience and youth stood out. Pot shots from 30 yards when should have passed, driving on and on without passing to more gifted players then losing possession, taking up wide or forward positions and so crowding the space for the likes of LuaLua. Tried his heart out, but needs to maintain the positional discipline of Bridcutt, as that is best role.

Summed up an increasingly naive team performance as the game wore on.
Spot on analysis. Ince was poor as was Kuszczak, other than that there were no real standout performers. Bruno and Ward best of a bad bunch.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Lingard and Ulloa have definitely built up an understanding together. Thought Lingard should have scored first half though. He had 2 great chances: the 1 on 1 and when Ulloa teed him up on the left of the box. Worth his place in the team, but I just can't see him scoring for us.

I'm not convinced on Jesse atm, second time he s had a one on one at the Amex and blown both of them, Good for a few tricks but just average in my honest opinion. Does he actually look like he is going to score?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kuszczack 3 - should have done better for the goals
Bruno 8 - class, best player first half, just shaded man of match for me
Greer 6 - got forward a bit second half
Upson 6 - sold and straightforward
Ward 6 - decent but unspectacular game
Ince 4 - absolutely dreadful, needs to believe in himself more as an attacking force
Forster-Caskey 5 - rightfully substituted, still not convinced as a Chamionship force
Andrews 8 - pushed Bruno close for man of match, best midfielder today
Buckley 5 - not his usual self
Lingard 5 - lacks a final ball or belief in front of goal, taken off
Ulloa 5 - in the pockets of the strong Ipswich defence

Subs

Lua Lua 7 - made an impact, deserves to start
March 5, not on for very long, no impact, one error
Rodriguez, cameo appearance.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack - 5
Bruno - 7 MOM
Upson - 6
Greer - 6
Ward - 6.5
Ince - 5
Andrews - 6
JFC - 6
Lingard - 6
Buckley - 6
Ulloa - 4 - Awful, looked poor the entire game and was offside so many times.

Subs
Lua Lua - 5
March - 6
Dave 2 - N/A

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
PIG - 5 - Partl;y to blame for a goal but 3 brighton defenders standing in his way not going for the ball didn't help.
Bruno -first half 4 - moaning to the ref, fed up, looked like he wanted to go home. 2nd Half 8, actually challeneged for some 50/50 balls in the air and on the deck. Well done.
Greer - 7 good.
Upson -6 meh
Ward - 6 got forward well, didn't do much whilst he was there apart from give the North stand ball boy practice.
Ince -7- Good tackling, runs all day but please never shoot.
Andrews -6- meh
JFC - 7- really good, travesty of him being subbed before Lingard
Buckley -6- Doesn't run down the wing much anymore because Oscar doesn't seem to like wingers, 2 shit headers instead of 2 headed goals.
Ulloa -6- looked slow, off the pace and stuck in a formation behind Lingard in the first half.
Lingard -3- spent first half diving and messing up a 1v1 with the keeper, kept going down far too easily, if the ref doesn't give one of the first few why keep doing it? Selfish glory hunter (which would be fine if he was any good), was obviously told at half time because he went missing for large parts of it. Should've been taken off much earlier, he's not up for the fight.
Lua Lua -7- same as usual cameo role.
March 5 he jogged onto the pitch nicely.

Manager 5 - do something.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Koosh -5 not his best of games
Bruno -7.5 MOM
Greer -7 solid
Upson -6 not at his best
Ward -7 good game
Andrews -7 pick of our midfield
Ince -6 ok at winning the ball but kept giving it away
JFC -5 poor today
Buckley -5 never in the game
Ulloa -6 battled hard and had a few efforts
Lingard -6 should have scored at the start but other than that a fair game

Lualua -5 no sign of super sub today
March -5 offered nothing when he came on
Rodders - took up a great position for a cut back that never found him but not on long enough to influence the game

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Thought Ince was decent for the most part, ungainly and sloppy at times, but the good far outweighed the bad for me today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kuszczak 3

Bruno 5
Greer 6
Upson 5
Ward 6

Andrews 3
Ince 6
JFC 5