Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCarthy

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They may have not played nice football but McCarthy has got Ipswich grinding out results despite spending very little money. I liked the way he told their players to get a move on when they were being substituted.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I wouldn't call him 'quality'. We didn't take our chances against a very average Ipswich side. The first goal was very sloppy, the second goal we switched off. They won't make the play offs, they will probably finish 9th or 10th.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I wouldn't call him 'quality'. We didn't take our chances against a very average Ipswich side. The first goal was very sloppy, the second goal we switched off. They won't make the play offs, they will probably finish 9th or 10th.

When you compare their squad/budget to others he is doing a brilliant job.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As mentioned by someone/somewhere ( [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] I think), our languid and ambling style gives the defence of the opposition some breathing space.

We don't have the quality to play with the same mantra as Barcelona. If we go behind, our meandering style allows the backs to re-group.

You ultimately win with pace, in the long run. By the time March and LuaLua were on, they had shut down and sat on their three points.

That said, Oscar has carried on our club vision and he has an opportunity to get the right players in for his system this summer.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If was a solid away performance. We had chances but did not take them simple. They had 2 and scored 2. We were the better side in the game. However for a team spending no money as such on transfers he has them working hard and organised.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
remember where Ipswich were when he took the job

he knows the game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Decent manager and one of the gents of the game. I like him even if his team isn't the most exciting. He did his homework today and they fully deserved their win IMO

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2 very average teams and performances today. Could have gone either way, and despite their defence having giants we could and should have had a few headed goals and Lingard should have buried the chance when clean through. With both teams being so drab, it was always going to be whoever scores first gets a result and so it proved to be.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You won't get many people on here giving credit to an old dinosaur like McCarthy, even though he has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. We are so predictable it's unbelievable. Unless we get the early goal we are stuffed, we are talior made for team's managed by serial losers like McCarthy.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Good manager and top fella! Was on the money tactically today! They defended strongly, got bodies behind the ball and made the most of their chances! Its as easy as that sometimes!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You won't get many people on here giving credit to an old dinosaur like McCarthy, even though he has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. We are so predictable it's unbelievable. Unless we get the early goal we are stuffed, we are talior made for team's managed by serial losers like McCarthy.

Unless we get an early goal? WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN THIS SEASON?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Unless we get an early goal? WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN THIS SEASON?

Sorry, do we not struggle at home unless we get a first half goal and take the lead, or have I missed something??? Of course this does not apply to every game, but a good 80% of home games I would say.....where have you been???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sorry, do we not struggle at home unless we get a first half goal and take the lead, or have I missed something??? Of course this does not apply to every game, but a good 80% of home games I would say.....where have you been???

I don't have exact stats, but I'm pretty sure 70%+ of our goals have been during the second half...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here