Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really hating the way he always seems to keep a place in our team. Play 'our' player Stephens NOT some journeyman who plays sideways and slows everything down. Have some ambition at home Oscar. Also can't stand the way he appears to be some sort of spokesperson and he's always talking in the media. Bugger of back to Bolton. We always play better when he is not in the team.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Stephens was immense last week but doesn't get on the pitch today. Baffling. Andrews has his worth and is a decent player but is too defensive for my liking.

I agree. I don't mind Andrews but i do wonder what effect (particularly at home) playing 2 DMs has. I know Ince tends to have the slightly more advanced role than Andrews but i'd prefer to play 1 DM and allow a more progressive midfielder in. I think that's where we're missing Crofts and it is a mistake not playing Stephens.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Andrews is the worst player we have by a mile....doesn't do anything with the ball, and just does a back track-jockey of opposition players.

Awful player, and ive said this after we've won too.

Then he has the front to come out and say "we" in the media each week like he is club captain or something.

If we had a Stephens or someone decent in that role today we would have been out of sight by HT.

Even JFC ahead of Stephens is criminal.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Personally I thought Andrews actually played quite well, just once again it seems he's being used as a scapegoat. I do agree however, that Stephens was pretty unlucky not to play after his performance the other day. Andrews I guess got the nod due to his experience.

Bad day at the office.....move on!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Then he has the front to come out and say "we" in the media each week like he is club captain or something.

You really can't win with some people - if he had said "I" then people would whinge that he's not being a team player or think he's more important than the team. If thats one of the things you have to use, then you're struggling.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Andrews is the worst player we have by a mile....doesn't do anything with the ball, and just does a back track-jockey of opposition players.

Awful player, and ive said this after we've won too.

If we had a Stephens or someone decent in that role today we would have been out of sight by HT.

Even JFC ahead of Stephens is criminal.

I said from the start why the hell is JFC starting before Stephens and Stephens has signed a 3/half year contract. Why leave him on the bench or in fact why ****ing sign him for £600k and not play him. Is he a bench warmer for the next 3 and half years. Bloody joke. Even that Welsh **** Jones said after the Bolton game that Stephens is showing his class then the next week he's on the bench. Bloody joke again, did I mention joke? Yeah, bloody joke. I'm off to get some beers then a curry. Bloody joke today.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I said from the start why the hell is JFC starting before Stephens and Stephens has signed a 3/half year contract. Why leave him on the bench or in fact why ****ing sign him for £600k and not play him. Is he a bench warmer for the next 3 and half years. Bloody joke. Even that Welsh **** Jones said after the Bolton game that Stephens is showing his class then the next week he's on the bench. Bloody joke again, did I mention joke? Yeah, bloody joke. I'm off to get some beers then a curry. Bloody joke today.

Are you actually a Brighton fan? Just i'm struggling to rememer anything vaguely positive you've ever posted.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Didn't think he was that bad today. Kuszczak made the error for the first goal but I doubt a thread criticizing him will be posted...

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I have never been a fan of Andrews but have to say I thought it was the best I've seen him play today. He put in a couple of good crosses and had a couple of shots blocked. Certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Andrews I wouldn't describe as a defensive choice as he's hardly likely to greatly break opposition moves. He's a ball keeper and has the game flowing. He has the ability to play some lovely passes, but his legs seem to not carry him fast enough to be a lynchpin he possibly once was with enough dynamism to fit into our way of being. He didn't cause us defeat today, but I was sad to see the Dalester unused in his place. We started slowly and Ipswich could've been 2 up in the first 10 minutes if their pokes at the ball from just a few yards out weren't missed entirely. Just took their chances when it mattered later on and threw their bodies in front of shots when it counted. We seemed a bit feeble in their presence.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As soon as I saw Andrews was starting, my confidence evaporated. He sums up the boring, negative football we play far too often.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Would hate him in our side as a defensive midfielder yet now he seems to have been made our playmaker.

A player Bolton realised wasn't good enough ages ago is now running our side.

It beggars belief.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Didn't think he was that bad today. Kuszczak made the error for the first goal but I doubt a thread criticizing him will be posted...

Probably not. A soft goal, perhaps, but BHA went into the game with a league-leading 17 clean sheets...

Everything is relative.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree. Cannot understand why Stephens didn't start after a very good performance v Bolton. Makes no sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here