Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We'll do it our way - but Bruno hopes to cook up a play-off treat [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]We'll do it our way - but Bruno hopes to cook up a play-off treat[/h] 9:00am Saturday 22nd March 2014 in Albion By Brian Owen
2931323.jpg
Bruno has clear ideas on how he wants to play football
Bruno has told Albion fans he will remain loyal to his football principles in the quest for the play-offs.
Which means he will try to avoid putting the ball “in the mixer” - or even the Spanish stewpot.
The Spanish right-back expects the Seagulls to stick with their patient rather than lofting the ball hopefully into a crowded goalmouth.
Even though it can still come as a bit of a culture shock.
He said: “I play near the crowd. I can sense people getting, not nervous, but wanting me to get the ball forward.
“People have their way of playing football, what they have been used to.
“But I’m a player who always wants to start a passing move.
“I look for team-mates, look for a line to thread the pass. There are ways of playing and I think my style is more Spanish, if you like. “I’ve adapted to football here. I love it here and I enjoy the football. But the full-backs here really like to get the ball forward quickly.”
Bruno has learnt a few footballing phrases during almost two seasons at the Amex, including “put it in the mixer”.
He revealed: “In Spain we talk about putting it in the ‘olla’. That’s a big pot we cook traditional stew in.
“Everything goes in there and then you see how it turns out.
“But imagine how difficult it is to score a goal playing football like that. “With so many players in there, it’s hard.
"In the last few minutes against QPR we took our time with the build-up, got forward and passed the ball across goal. It’s a lot more difficult to defend a ball like that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here