Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do a lot of games in North Derbyshire / South Yorkshire kick off early tomorrow ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Derby v Forest on Sky I get at 12:15
Mansfield v Cheats at 1 pm I suppose is logical.
But Sheff U v Wolves at 1:25?? Eh.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds United :lolol: v Millwall and Donny v Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: have been made 3pm kick offs :ohmy:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Does any brainbox know why there is only a North Riding, West Riding and East Riding of Yorkshire, but no South Riding?

Does any brainbox know why there is only a Sussex, Essex, Wessex and Middlesex, but no Norsex?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Derby v Forest on Sky I get at 12:15
Mansfield v Cheats at 1 pm I suppose is logical.
But Sheff U v Wolves at 1:25?? Eh.

Sheffield United are on a monster run and aiming to sneak into the play offs. Wolves are top of the league, well supported and will probably bring several thousand supporters (think the away end at Bramall Lane holds at least 4,500). They also have a certain reputation for carrying a few troublemakers.

Are you REALLY struggling to see why they might opt for an early kick off for that one??

D

Deleted User X18H

Sheffield United are on a monster run and aiming to sneak into the play offs. Wolves are top of the league, well supported and will probably bring several thousand supporters (think the away end at Bramall Lane holds at least 4,500). They also have a certain reputation for carrying a few troublemakers.

Are you REALLY struggling to see why they might opt for an early kick off for that one??

The Sheffield utd game is 1:25 as they are celebrating their 125th anniversary.

Well I can now,with the second more logical answer.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Does any brainbox know why there is only a North Riding, West Riding and East Riding of Yorkshire, but no South Riding?

Unlike most counties in England, which historically were divided into hundreds, Yorkshire was first divided into Thrydings, meaning 'Thirds', which were the three historical ridings of Yorkshire and then into wapentakes.

Proud West Riding man here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here