Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove F.C project

smarties93

Mar 20, 2014
Hi all,

I am doing a university project on football and it's ritualistic characteristics. I am making the project specific to Brighton & Hove Albion F.C supporters (being from Brighton myself). A part of my research is a survey and was therefore wondering if any of you guys wouldn't mind doing it? Everyone who has done it so far has done it under three minutes (so it doesn't take long basically). To those who do do it and would like the results I'll be able to send them to you once I have submitted my work in May some time. If this is the case leave your email address at the bottom of the survey (where it says add any comment - if any). Have a good weekend!

( The survey can be found here - https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/Q6CKCo )

Thanks,

Sam

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Looks more like a GCSE project, to be honest.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have you read 'The Soccer Tribe' by Desmond Morris? I think that would answer almost everything you want to know about the ritualistic characteristics of football.

smarties93

Mar 20, 2014
Have you read 'The Soccer Tribe' by Desmond Morris? I think that would answer almost everything you want to know about the ritualistic characteristics of football.

I have just ordered the book after reading online reviews, it looks like it'll be very helpful! I'm only really familiar with the works of Bromberger and Giulianotti on this topic after using their work whilst doing a photo ethnography based at the AMEX during a game last season (managed to get a 1st in it which seems a lot better than this GCSE piece, aye haha).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I haven't come across that, I'll definitely give it a read though. Cheers for that.
Doesn't say much for your literature survey.

Why is every on-line undergraduate survey on here so terrible - doesn't anyone ever pilot them before sending them out into the world? Back of a fag packet job.

smarties93

Mar 20, 2014
Because the survey is completely based on one piece of literature (Bromberger's work). All the questions in the survey are based around comparisons made by Bromberger and not any other pieces of literature. One key point I am making is that quantitative research is not very suitable for this topic so what you have said I have had in mind before the survey was even produced.

Doesn't say much for your literature survey.

Why is every on-line undergraduate survey on here so terrible - doesn't anyone ever pilot them before sending them out into the world? Back of a fag packet job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here