Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion museum - in pictures

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
What a fine job they've done there. My personal highlight was the butchers coat covered in Brighton badges, patches, penned with Albion slogans and the Bukta logo drawn down the arms that was worn by a legend to away games in the 70s. A ticket from our Charity Shield victory in 1910 too. It's all too much, a real treasure trove.

Some pictures here: Albion Museum.

I went yesterday morning first thing when I had the place to myself. It wasn't my birthday but it jolly well felt like it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bloody hell, amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing them.

The ground models are almost eerily accurate. Of the nine mugs on display in the bedroom, I've owned FOUR of them.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Brilliant, thanks for posting. Many great memories.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gah! Really want to go now!

Thanks for the pictures though, lovely stuff!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Love the Goldstone floodlights. They should never have been demolished (or removed from the NSC logo for that matter).

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Bloody hell, amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing them.

The ground models are almost eerily accurate. Of the nine mugs on display in the bedroom, I've owned FOUR of them.

I believe the blue prints of the Goldstone I rescued from a skip outside the ground one late May day helped in this.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Am I the only one I guess who thought big deal, nothing out of the ordinary to be honest, but then I guess we have an average history as far as football clubs go nothing to write home about much like the museum.

Love the Goldstone floodlights. They should never have been demolished (or removed from the NSC logo for that matter).
My eldest lad started dismantling them, about half an hour after the Donny game finished. I only noticed this was happening when a policewoman said to me: "That boy is going to kill himself".

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fantastic photos. I love the model Withdean, which truth be told is where my Albion life truly began. Happy memories.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Am I the only one I guess who thought big deal, nothing out of the ordinary to be honest, but then I guess we have an average history as far as football clubs go nothing to write home about much like the museum.

Are you being serious? I think our history, whilst not blessed with loads of trophies, is an amazing story of true fans and an incredible will of never giving up.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Wow

The history of ANY club, big or small, is intrinsically part of the DNA of that club and as such, it's so important for fans to have an appreciation of that history, however mundane.

I guess just four seasons in the top flight says you are partly right, but that doesn't mean our history is any less special.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I think this club has a history that is more than worth writing home about. History isn't just about winning trophies, even though there have been a few of those in recent years.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Are you being serious? I think our history, whilst not blessed with loads of trophies, is an amazing story of true fans and an incredible will of never giving up.

Kind of tongue in cheek to be honest, but I am not so sure we are an amazing story, yes we have had some hard times and yes I did my bit and it meant the world to be and still does, but so many other clubs have similar stories. An Amazing football story was maybe Wimbledons rise through the league so quickly and then vanishing to be reborn.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Kind of tongue in cheek to be honest, but I am not so sure we are an amazing story, yes we have had some hard times and yes I did my bit and it meant the world to be and still does, but so many other clubs have similar stories. An Amazing football story was maybe Wimbledons rise through the league so quickly and then vanishing to be reborn.

Maybe but then again we are still living the story? If (big if) we reach the premiership then the story will be played out on the wider media......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here