Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why I seriously believe Albion can attain promotion through the play-offs this time!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Those of you out there know I am not an Albion fan.

But I seriously believe THIS season can and will be the one Albion are promoted to the Premiership.

Wy? Because alone of the sides who look to get that "third berth" the Albion squad have the experience - and the incentive - to get through the play-off traumas.

Of the other sides in 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13 who failed, none figure in the race this time other than Notts Forest and Reading. Both of these sides are unrecognisable now from those who participated in the playoffs.

Albion however have a nucleus of players who went through the mill last year. They will be tempered by the traumas of the Palace games and will have learned a lot. Whilst no doubt some of the other potential play-off sides have squad members who have experienced the same pressures, as a TEAM they will not be the same.

So I think this season is the one that Albion must gamble on and go for it. I'm hearing too many supporters locally saying they are comfortable as a Championship side.

GO FOR IT!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Loving the optimisim [MENTION=13666]Danny-Boy[/MENTION] :bigwave:

Really hoping we can go one stage further than last season, and have a day out at the New Wembley (Having never been before myself!) :albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bit early for a liquid lunch isn't it sir? :p

I'm not so sure , if we keep this run going then we have a chance - dropped points at Watford,Wigan and Reading have made the job harder than it needed to be mind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cardiff had experience and messed it up year on year.

Impossible to say.

In it to win it though

Good to be positive though

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For someone who lists the following in their profile...

About Danny-Boy
First Albion game:
Favourite Albion player:
Danny Wilson
Best Albion experience:
4-4 against Orient 1997

...how are you not an Albion fan in some way?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought he was Brentford? ???

Well he was on about a game at Castle Greyskull earlier this season. And there's no reason to go to that hovel unless you're a Palace (or away) fan. He was also doing a bit of trolling, pretending to be a disgruntled Albion fan, until he was rumbled.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we get to the playoffs we have a chance.

For now I can't look beyond whether we beat Ipswich or not, and enjoy every game as it comes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For someone who lists the following in their profile...

About Danny-Boy
First Albion game:
Favourite Albion player:
Danny Wilson
Best Albion experience:
4-4 against Orient 1997

...how are you not an Albion fan in some way?

He is Palace , not to be confused with dannyboy who definitely isn't.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not a hope in hell of getting into the top 6 let alone winning the playoffs, some people need to look at the league table before they CHIRP up

Yeah, 1pt from the playoffs with a game in hand.

You're boring.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is Palace , not to be confused with dannyboy who definitely isn't.

OK. I'm a bit confused as to how he's got 3000 posts on NSC, lists a first albion game, a favourite albion player and was at the 4-4 in '97 and yet claims he's not an Albion fan. Bit of a stalker and far too curious not to be an Albion fan surely?

I doubt many Brighton fans could similarly list first Palace games, favourite players and favourite experiences etc. Just seems a bit odd-ball.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This sounds like a rational argument, but the stats don't support it. Beaten semi-finalists have only won the following year's play offs five times out of twenty six and it hasn't happened since Wolves did it in 2003. Beaten finalists have an even worse record having only won the following year three times. There also isn't a particularly good record of teams making the play offs one year and winning automatic promotion the following year although Reading, Cardiff and now Leicester looking like starting a pattern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here