Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre Ipswich Town squad report- TWTD

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I might be mistaken, but aren't they all quotes about our own players from our own forums?

It does read like an amalgamation of NSC reactions after a few good results (i.e. generally good but a bit moany.)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Quite an interesting guide to mostly the negative comments on here.

This pic is the highlight though...
2462.jpg

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Completely agree with last post. Most of the article is in quotes! A very time consuming, and out of context way of writing a match preview. I guess the writer has just done a forum search for each player and cut and pasted the most recent comments.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's more of an interesting comment on our forum posts than our players - in that regard it's quite interesting. Would have liked to have seen his summary of Barnes if he were still here:

e.g.

Ashley Barnes was "clumsy, fat and stupid" in their win at Wigan, and despite scoring a brace against Blackburn is "the most pointless player in the universe", "a complete waste of genetic makeup" and "just not championship quality."

Dec 29, 2011
Fair play, that's some quality content for the Ipswich fans to read. Must have taken ages to put together. In the comments some of their fans are saying a draw would be a good result, I think they're slightly overestimating us. We seem to have been riding our luck a little in the past few games, although the results do speak for themselves.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ashley Barnes was "clumsy, fat and stupid" in their win at Wigan, and despite scoring a brace against Blackburn..........
...now you are in the realms of fantasy,........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's definitely just been whipped wholesale from here. I'm pretty sure I sad PIGs shot stopping is Premier class but his distribution is Conference class. Or I did a this or thumbs up to it. And why not? It's true.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's just weird when you distill multiple posts down to this it kind of turns into a paranoid jittery schizophrenic evaluation of a player.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If someone did this for each of our upcoming opposition teams I know I'd read it. I'm often guilty of not knowing enough about the opposition players and which people to look out for. It's also good to understand what the fans are currently thinking of their squad.

That picture of Leo is brilliant too!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a lot of work gone into that - hundreds of quotes stitched together, including one of my own. This bloke listens to me more than my wife!

If the aim of that article is to brief IT fans on what to expect on Saturday then I think it works very well.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If someone did this for each of our upcoming opposition teams I know I'd read it. I'm often guilty of not knowing enough about the opposition players and which people to look out for. It's also good to understand what the fans are currently thinking of their squad.

That picture of Leo is brilliant too!

Agree. Think it's an excellent idea and format. Could be tweaked with more introductory comments outside of the quotations for each player, but otherwise a great idea.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is brilliant :lolol:

Was trying to work out who the keeper is: it's David Forde of Millwall, isn't it? Wonder if it was taken just after we got that penalty at the Den.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here