Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
andrews-l229-1409220_478x359.jpg

Keith Andrews celebrates with David Lopez
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
10:02 21st March 2014
by Luke Nicoli
Get priority for 2014/15 season tickets. Join the season ticket waiting list with Bronze membership.

It will be a case of friends reunited when Keith Andrews faces Ipswich Town on Saturday.

The on-loan midfielder had a six-month spell at Portman Road at the start of the 2011/12 season and made a big impression, scoring nine goals from 19 league games. It was a loan that kick-started his career after it had stagnated at Blackburn, and he looks back on his time in Suffolk with fond memories.
“Things were not going great at Blackburn; I’d come back from injury and wasn’t in the team under Steve Kean, but I’m not a player who’s content to just pick up his wages – I want to be playing,” Keith told Seagull, Albion’s matchday programme.*

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK***

“Although I was dropping down to the Championship by joining Ipswich, I was really impressed with Paul Jewell [then-Town boss], the facilities, and the club in general, which was full of good people.
“We had a good set of lads and didn’t do as well as a group as we should have done. On a personal level I scored goals and was made captain of the side, which was a fantastic gesture by Paul, given I was only a loan player.
“It was a spell that worked out well and I secured a move to West Brom, in the Premier League, off the back of it.”
To read more from Keith, buy Saturday’s 84-page award-winning Seagull, available at the stadium on Saturday, priced £3.50.
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here