Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber on radio Sussex

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Paul Barber live on radio Sussex sometime between now and 9.30. Will be answering questions asked from texts & tweets sent in apparently :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never listened to this show before but the presenter, Neil Pringle I think, is giving PB quite a tough time on a few points. So far...

1. Post-match transport - he asked PB if he'd tried it himself, PB said he hadn't and NP said something like "Well you should, it's not pleasant."

2. Expanding the Amex - PB said 30,750 was about it, bar a few more seats being squeezed in. NP countered that should the club reach the Premier League then with demand > supply and PB "being a businessman", that would lead to ticketing prices going up.

I'm not sure I've heard PB questioned so directly before but he's dealing with it very, very well - a very accomplished performer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nike deal - worth a lot more than the last deal. Questioned how much - "is it millions?". PB dealt with these as you'd expect.

PB said shirts will be on sale in the early Summer and will cost more than the £40 Errea shirt but are substantially better quality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pooh-gate - wasn't in the changing room, wasn't smeared on walls. Anyone could have done it - we don't know who. Crystal Palace's manager made the most of it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Transport again - we're a football club, we don't run buses or trains. We've put together the best transport plan of any football club in the country. We subsidise transport - the only club in the country to do it.

Every now and again it doesn't work or something goes wrong.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Transport again - we're a football club, we don't run buses or trains. We've put together the best transport plan of any football club in the country. We subsidise transport - the only club in the country to do it.

Every now and again it doesn't work or something goes wrong.

I think that is a great point and well made.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lita and Obika - director of football brings players in and then Oscar doesn't play them.

PB: OG has final say on all player recruitment. All clubs have a similar relationship with director of football (or similar) and coach/manager.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Club growing lots - less personal. PB: Club work hard to retain direct dialogue with fans. Do lots of fans forums, keep all Withdean-era events going - Easter open day, Young Seagulls Christmas party, AITC very entrenched in community. Inevitable with the club the size it is now, there's going to be a different feel to previously.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
PB: Good chance of reaching the playoffs, difficult there. Promotion for this club will come when it is ready.

And that's it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure I've heard PB questioned so directly before but he's dealing with it very, very well - a very accomplished performer.

You should have gone to the 1901 breakfast meeting he held a year ago to present the new catering options then :lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Funniest moment Neil Pringle says that at every spurs game there's a shot of Daniel Levy looking like he's a member of the Gestapo :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought he dealt with the very pressing questions really well - almost sounded a bit guilty when he was asked whether he'd taken the train out of the stadium or not - a lot of credit to the presenter for asking some pretty direct questions.
Credit to Barber, he answered all the questions and put his arguments across really well. He's very good at what he does.

Also lets hope that the interview shuts up the whinging **** that think that Oscar doesn't have a say in player recruitment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here