Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can the good folk of NSC help a little girl walk again.

needyeagle

Mar 19, 2014
https://www.justgiving.com/Scarlettswishtowalk/

scarlett.jpg

A Palace fan and his wife are raising money for their daughter, who has Cerebral Palsy. She has been cleared to qualify for a life changing operation in America which will enable her to walk, the family have to raise £65,000.00 to be able do it. A mammoth ask with help, let alone as a Postie working overtime.

The details about the her condition and the operation required are on the JustGiving page. I expect there will be some publicity about this in the coming weeks, both in the local press and through CPFC.If you have a million Facebook friends or Twitter followers, please share this page. Any small donation(s) is/ and are appreciated, as are the shares and just talking about it. This is certainly not going to be an easy amount of money to raise, and the family and friends are going to be working around the clock to organise fund raising events as well as caring for her.

If you do feel you want to help this little girl there is an added bonus, as one Palace fan who it has to be said dislikes everything Brighton, has stated that he will wear a Brighton shirt to what could be the Palace most important game of the season, the last home game against Liverpool, if Brighton fans can collectively donate £500 towards this little girls operation. All you have to do is add #Brightonshirt in the comments field when donating any small amount for this cause.

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Keep this thread on page 1 til I get paid next thursday so I don't forget and I'll donate for sure:thumbsup:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We're 16.25% of the way there already - keep pushing, people! Hope you make it Needyeagle - can't imagine the joy if you manage to make this happen.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We're 16.25% of the way there already.

Is there a summary of #brightonshirt on the just giving page, or did you manually add it up?

OP - does the gift aid count towards the total raised? Does the gift aid count towards the £500 target for the Palace fan wearing the BHA shirt at the Liverpool game? I assume there'll be photographic evidence of him in the crowd? These questions are not just out of prurient interest...

Scarlett, and Scarlett's family, good luck in raising the funds; I truly hope you get enough.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Is there a summary of #brightonshirt on the just giving page, or did you manually add it up?

I did it manually. Can't do it now though as some donations are hidden to casual viewers. For what it's worth, I think Gift Aid should be included as it forms form of the total BHA contribution. BTW, Goldstone1976, I PMed you on the (now ancient) topic of Emeric Pressburger - may be able to progress this now (I hope)...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I did it manually. Can't do it now though as some donations are hidden to casual viewers. For what it's worth, I think Gift Aid should be included as it forms form of the total BHA contribution. BTW, Goldstone1976, I PMed you on the (now ancient) topic of Emeric Pressburger - may be able to progress this now (I hope)...

Thanks.

God, so you did. I saw your PM and then promptly totally forgot - apologies! I'm about to go into a conf call, but will PM later today in reply...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Done

......though I think I put #Brightonfan rather than shirt in the comments :ffsparr:

Still counts though!!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As soon as I get paid I shall donate, the very best of luck to you guys.

needyeagle

Mar 19, 2014
As soon as I get paid I shall donate, the very best of luck to you guys.

Amazing guys, less than 2 hours after posting you have reached 25% of the targeted £500, for the Palace fan to wear the Brighton shirt.

Thank you so much and keep it up lets get that little girl her life changing op.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Amazing guys, less than 2 hours after posting you have reached 25% of the targeted £500, for the Palace fan to wear the Brighton shirt.

Thank you so much and keep it up lets get that little girl her life changing op.

You have a PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here