[Official Site] Marathon Runners Get Top Tips from Helge

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
helge-l229-1433762_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:00 20th March 2014
by Joel Essex
Paul and the club gave me fantastic support so it seemed appropriate that I should return the favour and try and help AITC this year."
Kirsty Burroughs
Get priority for 2014/15 season tickets. Join the season ticket waiting list with Bronze membership.

Brighton & Hove Albion club doctor Helge Riepenhof has been helping the team running on behalf of Albion in the Community with training schedules andpreparations for the big day.
The team of six runners, who will all be raising money for Albion’s charitable arm on April 6th, were at the Amex last week for a specially arranged session with Dr Riepenhof – and during the session he gave advice on preparation, diet, training as well as tips on how to look after their bodies during the race.
Albion fan Kirsty Burroughs, who took part in the session and ran last year’s marathon - running for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund – told seagulls.co.uk, “Just before last year’s marathon there was a North West Sussex Seagulls meeting in Horsham with Paul Barber and NWSS kindly helped me raise some funds.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“Paul and the club gave me fantastic support so it seemed appropriate that I should return the favour and try and help AITC this year.”
Kitsty’s son Charlie, regularly attended AITC football sessions at Sussex University.
She added, “Every child regardless of ability or gender should have the opportunity to enjoy participating in sporting activities. AITC provides this and does so many other good things.”
Riepenhof has also offered some key advice to all marathon runners. He said, “People know what to do for an hour or so but not longer. It becomes really important to eat right, drink right and to keep everything in balance so you can perform between 30-42 kilometers because that’s where you make time or lose a lot of time.”
Runners taking part in this year’s Brighton Marathon and raising money for AITC are Kirsty Burroughs, Andrew Lamb, Phil Withers, Tom Collins, Tim Jones and James Demster. To support them visit [url]www.justgiving.com/aitc[/URL]

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here