Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fancy dress party.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Invited to a 40's fancy dress party Saturday. Going as a American GI, been part of a Lou and Andy double act in the pass.
What would your favorite fancy dress outfit be ?

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've been told I should go to fancy dress parties as Peter Griffin from Family guy. It's either the gut, or the fact I have a pair of balls on my chin.....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Turn up simply in a pair of 'Y-Fronts', upon being quizzed as to who/what you may personify respond 'A Premature Ejaculation'. After a look of bewilderment or grabbing of some more Pinot, you can elaborate by explaining 'I've just come in my underpants'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My favourite - a pair of black gloves and black shoes = the five of spades.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Turn up simply with a girl on your back, upon being quizzed as to who/what you may personify respond 'A Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle'. After a look of bewilderment or grabbing of some more Pinot, you can elaborate by explaining 'That's Michelle'.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
A Duracell battery, like this

Duracell-Battery.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hired a parrot costume once. Will never forget being 'questioned' by plod as we walked home (we were being a bit noisy) the other f*ckers ran off and left me (I had the least mobile costume - sign of the times but one Liverpool-supporting pal had blacked himself up and gone as John Barnes) was trying desperately not to sound too p@ssed as I spoke with the PC, but could hear my (former) friends around the next corner roaring with laughter.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Bad taste warning!

Get a wheelchair and an old speak and spell machine from the 80's.....go as Stephen Hawking!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hired a parrot costume once. Will never forget being 'questioned' by plod as we walked home (we were being a bit noisy) the other f*ckers ran off and left me (I had the least mobile costume - sign of the times but one Liverpool-supporting pal had blacked himself up and gone as John Barnes) was trying desperately not to sound too p@ssed as I spoke with the PC, but could hear my (former) friends around the next corner roaring with laughter.

:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I like going as Slash, but take a banjo instead of a guitar.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm surprised nobody's come up with the Crystal Palace kit/count joke yet.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Best seen, both at pretty wild Boat Party in Southampton circa 1995

5 guys all in Red tops and trousers, wings from body to arms with roundels, and big cone noses -The Red Arrows - looked amazing.

1 guy, with a 'stalk' hat on, and about 50 purple balloon from shoulders tapering down to his feet - A bunch of Grapes..!

Not sure how he went to (or got in..) the loo all night, but again, top effort. :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Me and my wife once went and Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, it was a bit too soon to bring the shotgun though apparently.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I went to one a few years ago for a New Years Party. There were 2 rules. The costume had to be home made so no renting. And your costume had to begin with the first letter of your name.

My name begins with G so I had a few choices. Grapes, gimp or Geri Halliwell. Couldn't think of how to do the grapes (that balloon idea above would've been perfect). I tried the Gimp but was far too hot and uncomfortable so ended up going as Geri Halliwell in the famous Union Jack dress:blush::facepalm::facepalm:

I got the best laughs and won the prize for best costume and most importantly I think I've managed to track down each and every photo and either destroy or get them locked away forever...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here