Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Seagulls from the Gas

The Bluedeemer

Mar 20, 2014
We had our decision in the high court today and Trashorfields (the Green Party) objections were near enough laughed out of court by the judge.your fans support in signing our petition for getting the go ahead for our new stadium was very important as it took our total to more than double what the objectors claimed they had (their petition was never produced to view at any stage by the way).we had support from many many different clubs and were much appreciated by us,but because of what you went through before the Amex became a reality,you seagulls gave by far the highest numbers in total.The objectors were led by the Bristol Green Party leader but I don't need to tell you anything about the kind of antics they got up to as you are experiencing the green ideology at first hand down there.
Best of luck for the remainder of the season and I'm sure I speak for all gasheads when saying I hope you make it to the Premier league via the play-offs!

Today's result: football family 1 Green Party 0

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good news, good luck with the stadium!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good luck with the new ground, but it is a shame a development of a new ground requires a large company with deep pockets to enable the move. Particularly as the ground is a memorial to those local sportsmen killed in WW1.

Obviously most are blinded by their support for their club. What Green ideology is making our lives a living hell?

Both sides with bend and extend the truth to get what they want. Our 'community' stadium certainly did that.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Well done and the best of luck. I remember as a young teen going to Eastville. Hopefully the new ground is as close to Eastville and Rovers roots as possible?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope Bristol City get their stadium too. It is a disgrace that planning in cities in this country can be held back by a handful of pathetic nimbys, and Bristol has it worse than anyone.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Fantastic. I am very pleased for you guys.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brilliant news. Good luck the Gas!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
When you do eventually get your new ground I hope you'll love it as much as we love the Amex. if there's one small consolation is this long protracted affair it's that there's not the heartache and angst of leaving a much loved home behind because Eastville is long gone.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Great news.

The greens are like having an 'Anti Nuclear Holocaust' Party. No one wants a Nuclear Holocaust and I am active in making sure it doesn't happen. Much the same way as no one wants a Global Environmental Breakdown and I and millions more are active in making sure it doesn't happen. So we do not need some 'Green' tosser hectoring and lecturing to me about how they are concerned about the Planet and I am not.

Amalgamate them into mainstream, politics and then close them down.

Simple?

TNBA

TTF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here