Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue outside the Amex this morning

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I walked past the Amex at 8.45 this morning and there were about 30 queueing outside the shop, any ideas what was going on, can't imagine it was for tickets or anything like that.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
I walked past the Amex at 8.45 this morning and there were about 30 queueing outside the shop, any ideas what was going on, can't imagine it was for tickets or anything like that.

You should have waved. . . yep I was there - moving tickets in the East stand, so that I can see 90 minutes of game rather than missing first 5, last 5 of first half, first 5 of second half, and last 10 whilst people arrive late, leave early, but stop just next to the exit to make sure they do not miss anything - blocking my view! Anyway - all sorted for next season and worth the 40 minute wait.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
You should have waved. . . yep I was there - moving tickets in the East stand, so that I can see 90 minutes of game rather than missing first 5, last 5 of first half, first 5 of second half, and last 10 whilst people arrive late, leave early, but stop just next to the exit to make sure they do not miss anything - blocking my view! Anyway - all sorted for next season and worth the 40 minute wait.

Would you have waved back? Or that could of got awkward

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Ah, but according to the great and the good of NSC these people don't affect anyone else by leaving early.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Have you tried standing up yourself? Then you'd be able to see...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well they could stand up themselves? Do you see the pattern?

I do see the pattern. However it's particularly annoying in the family stand where loads of kids consequently can't see the action. It's not like the old days in the chicken run when as kids we'd all congregate at the front on a milk crate you know.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

A friend of mine who has Parkinsons moved his seat last year to move away from the centre of a block to an aisle seat so that he did not affect/annoy those sat around him due to his shaking and uncontrollable twitches etc caused by his medcation). Now he gets totally ****ed off with those who are constantly late, or leave early as he is up and down on his feet for the first and last 5 minutes of each half.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I do see the pattern. However it's particularly annoying in the family stand where loads of kids consequently can't see the action. It's not like the old days in the chicken run when as kids we'd all congregate at the front on a milk crate you know.

Yeh but if you did, something might get done about it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yeh but if you did, something might get done about it.

what's it like for you when an adult stands up in front of you?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pot meet kettle.

ooh, I hope you're not casting that at me, since you mentioned it on the AR a couple of years back I diligently stay in my seat till the whistle (unless I have no choice). Rather annoyingly, when we chose our seats, we believed them to be on the end of a row, as that is how the plan showed them.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
ooh, I hope you're not casting that at me, since you mentioned it on the AR a couple of years back I diligently stay in my seat till the whistle (unless I have no choice). Rather annoyingly, when we chose our seats, we believed them to be on the end of a row, as that is how the plan showed them.

You left early at half time during a match in January. It was noted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here