Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play for the Albion or Man u?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Luke Chadwick has said playing for Cambridge United for him is bigger than playing for Man u.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26662796

As a fan since the age of 4, I would rather play for the Albion than Man u. What about you?

I would actually rather play for ANYONE but Man U. I actively dislike everything they stand for about football (Arsenal & Chelski would need to pay me a LOT to tempt me there but no amount of money would get me playing for Utd).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely we'd all rather play for the Albion, but we'd all rather be good enough to play for Manure, and get paid as much as they do.

Depends how much money is involved to be brutally honest.

If it was 5 to 10 k per week Albion or 200 to 300k per week them then I would ask Lucifer if he had a pen.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Albion any day - as long as they paid a wage I could live on then I would take that over anything Utd offered me.

If the albion offered a tenner a week I would go for Utd for for two - three seasons and bank all the cash being a constant sick note, then I'd sign for the albion.

I would also need to develop some form of talent and convince the management to sign a 25 year old that has barely kicked a ball in 3 years following a knee injury but I guess that would be easier with Utd as I'll just be Owen Hargreaves mk 2

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I've been a BHA supporter for something over 60 year so I'd much sooner play for Man Utd. I desperately want us to make the playoffs. And I can say with some degree of certainty my staggering around the Amex needs best be confined to alcoholic areas. :drink:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I can't understand why anyone would ever want to play for the Red Filth, unless it was so that they could score the last-minute own goal that ensured their relegation.

I can't understand why anyone would ever want to play for the Red Filth, unless it was so that they could score the last-minute own goal that ensured their relegation.

300K per week or
42857K per day or
1785K per hour or
£29 per minute or
49p per second.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Personally, I would rather play for Crystal Palace than Man U. Having said that, I don't share the same venom towards CP as some on here do but, as my brother once said, I would support the Iraqi national Guard against Man U.

I used to have a daydream of my daughter, who used to play football, holding the European Cup aloft as the captain of the first BHAFC team to win that august trophy. Obviously a lot would have to change to help that to happen, and given that she is 30 next month, it is not going to, but it would not be the same if it were any other club.

And if money were the prime motivator, I would go to any of the other big clubs rather than Man U.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
300K per week or
42857K per day or
1785K per hour or
£29 per minute or
49p per second.

On those wages I'd sign for manure, get injured in training and then leave after a few months having never played for them.

Does that count?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Depends how much money is involved to be brutally honest.

If it was 5 to 10 k per week Albion or 200 to 300k per week them then I would ask Lucifer if he had a pen.

I genuinely don't get this. Money is proven not to make you happy. £5k - 10k a week would be plenty to have a luxury pad in Brighton. If I was on anything over £1k a week I would be happy at Brighton and nothing could tempt me away.

I genuinely don't get this. Money is proven not to make you happy. £5k - 10k a week would be plenty to have a luxury pad in Brighton. If I was on anything over £1k a week I would be happy at Brighton and nothing could tempt me away.

If, and it's a huge IF, you were actually that good at football would you really not want the chance to play against the best players in the world?

I would, and the extra bonus of being paid HUGE amounts of wedge for it would be very nice indeed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If, and it's a huge IF, you were actually that good at football would you really not want the chance to play against the best players in the world?

I would, and the extra bonus of being paid HUGE amounts of wedge for it would be very nice indeed.

I'm confident the Albion will be there soon anyway, they would be if I was that good! It might be a bit different if we were still the turd at the bottom of the fourth division.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Albion any day - as long as they paid a wage I could live on then I would take that over anything Utd offered me.
I don't believe you. Nothing against you personally, but I don't think any footballer has ever done that. If you were England's best player, and Brighton were a league 1 side with no money paying you £5k a week, while Manure were offering Brighton a very useful £50m to buy you, and offering you £300k a week, you'd be off.

It's funny how fans always think they'd be different, but when fans turn out to be great footballers, suddenly they're not different, and they go where the money is.

EDIT. I don't believe you either :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd sign a hefty signing on fee and wages, be a bit shit in training, go out on loan to the Albion and stay there on UTDs wages.
You're not related to Winifred Zaha are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here