Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership Players

Downsman

Mar 19, 2014
Should we win promotion, how many of the current squad do people think are of Premiership standard?

I would include Kusack, Upson [although he is nearing the end of his career], Dunk [potentially], Ince [potentially], Ulloa and Buckley, plus possibly Forster-Caskey, March and Lua Lua.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
If we are really honest we only have a few that could live comfortably in the Premiership.
PIG, Upson/Ward (a cuppla years), Buckley and Ulloa. Ince and Dunk are possibilities... and IMHO that's it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
PIG, Yep
Upson, Yep
Dunk, No chance
Ince [potentially],
Ulloa, Yep
Buckley, Yep
Forster-Caskey,Nope
March [potentially]
Lua Lua, Yep.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think only Ince and maybe Greer have what it takes to play top-flight Rugby Union

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
EVERY player involved in getting the club to the top flight deserves the chance to prove they are good enough to keep us there.

Before you write them off, let them have a f*cking chance before being so ungrateful.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Should we win promotion, how many of the current squad do people think are of Premiership standard?

I would include Kusack, Upson [although he is nearing the end of his career], Dunk [potentially], Ince [potentially], Ulloa and Buckley, plus possibly Forster-Caskey, March and Lua Lua.

I'm not sure why we should care whether our players are any good at rugby...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There are now a LOT of BANG AVERAGE Prem clubs. Look at Palace's defence, we would've said NONE of them are good enough for Prem last season but they're holding their own. Most of our squad could "do a job" in the Prem - with the right manager, tactics, system etc.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
There are now a LOT of BANG AVERAGE Prem clubs. Look at Palace's defence, we would've said NONE of them are good enough for Prem last season but they're holding their own. Most of our squad could "do a job" in the Prem - with the right manager, tactics, system etc.

Exactly this. If someone can be arsed to trawl through Premier League teams over the last few years you will find countless players that many would have said are not 'Premier League' who have managed to have at least one good year in the top flight. As well as this, there are many players who you just won't be able to know how they will cope until they are there. I would say Bruno is an example of that for us.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think most could do a job when in reasonable form. The issue is I think that real quality will be needed to be brought in to supplement them and a good team spirit maintained.

Interestingly I feel, PIG will have far more work to do and will be under a good amount of pressure all round.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
In my FM14 game the promotion survivors are PIG, Dunk/Upson/Greer(sub), Stephens, Buckley, Ulloa, Lualua (sub), Orlandi (sub), Forgot to add Ince (sub)

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Game says we get £19.8m transfer budget to buy the rest.

Last edited:

Downsman

Mar 19, 2014
Talking of Bruno, does anyone agree he is a poor defender because he runs away from attackers, but is skillful and a good passer, so might do a job in midfield?

Downsman

Mar 19, 2014
In my FM14 game the promotion survivors are PIG, Dunk/Upson/Greer(sub), Stephens, Buckley, Ulloa, Lualua (sub), Orlandi (sub)

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Game says we get £19.8m transfer budget to buy the rest.

Agreed, although I just don't regard Greer as a Premiership player

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Correct.

History tells us that if you sign too many players after you get promoted it disrupts what t you promoted in the first place. A team can be greater than the sum of it's parts, you shouldn't be changing more than 5 players at once other wise you're asking for trouble. The skill is finding the right ones at the right price.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Agreed, although I just don't regard Greer as a Premiership player

I don't get why he is being written off?

He is now a full international with Scotland and played three times (against the USA, Norway and Poland) and they kept 3 clean sheets

He is part of one of the best defences in the Division, which has conceeded the fewest goals in the division:
Albion = 28 (35 games)
Burnley & QPR = 31 (36 & 36 games)
Leicester = 33 (35 games)
Wigan = 34 (35 games)

So why lately ahs there been all this anti-Greer style crap on this site (is it because they have lost their figure of hate in Barnes and needed a new target?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here